American Idol hears my cry!

Once again, furiously blogging furiously has paid off, several years late. Important Decision Makers Of The World obviously read my blog, but are waaaaaay backed up on their feed-readers.

The DREAM OF MY LIFE is about to come true, you guys, and I notice that none of my little bloggy friends have seen fit to notify me. Fortunately I have other spies who could feed me the information that

TEH NEIL IS GUEST-JUDGING ON AMERICAN IDOL NEXT WEEK.

Years and years of begging and pleading (passively, in blog-form) for American Idol to institute a Neil Diamond Week, and it's finally happening in the season where I stopped watching. (Seriously, who are these people? I caught the last few minutes of this week's Andrew Lloyd Webber-themed episode. There's a boring girl, the annoying nanny who I saw during one of the early episodes before I gave up on this season, Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, a five-year-old child, some Irish lady and this guy who thinks he's attractive but he isn't. I'll let you all figure out who I'm talking about. I am not excited about any of them.)

NEIL DIAMOND WEEK, EVERYBODY! You remember that girl last season who watched Sanjaya sing and sobbed and sobbed at the...erm... beauty... of what she was experiencing, unfolding before her? Yeah, that's going to be me, at home on my couch. Except that my delightful Neilish experience will be ruined by Davy Jones' tentacles and the fear that the child's voice will change mid-song.

srah - Wednesday, 23 April 2008 - 12:29 PM
Tags: , , ,

gravatar tiff - April 23, 2008 - 2:46 PM -

The five year old child is going to win.

gravatar Micah - April 23, 2008 - 4:39 PM -

Hell, this may get even me to watch that show. So how many songs do the subjects of these AI tribute shows get to actually sing?

I can't wait until his new album comes out. If it's half as good as "12 Songs" (or even "12 Sketches")...well, it'll be pretty darn good.

gravatar srah - April 23, 2008 - 4:42 PM -

Usually they only sing on Wednesday night. Tuesday night they're shown advising and coaching the contestants, then they perform on Wednesday. I bet he only sings one or two though. I hope he sings the old stuff!

gravatar Micah - April 23, 2008 - 5:28 PM -

Hmmmm...it may just be Wednesday for me, then. And I have to put up with bad, oversinging karaoke for only 2 songs? Dejected.

And if He does two songs, you can bet your sweet bippy that one will be off the new album. Hey, he's got a product to pimp (why do you think they scheduled him so close to the release date?).

As for the old song he'll perfom, I guess it'd be too much to ask for him to do "Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon," "Solitary Man," or "On the Robert E. Lee." I'm thinking he'll sing "Sweet Caroline."

gravatar tiff - April 24, 2008 - 8:56 AM -

Tuesday they sing, Wednesday someone is voted off.

gravatar Princess Sparklepants - April 24, 2008 - 9:57 AM -

How come SIR ALW didn't sing? I wanted to hear him rip out some Evita. I was disappointed. Sir Neil better not let me down.

gravatar Elisabeth - April 24, 2008 - 2:08 PM -

I'm just as lost on AI, but apparently Davy Jones goes to my school, which means I got to hear people yelling outside the student center to get people vote for him.

Now I want him to lose.