'You say I only hear what I want to'

Alrighty, my High School Mix CD is done. My CDs will be going out a day late, but they'll be going out! Read on for the track listing:

srah - Monday, 1 May 2006 - 10:44 PM
Tags: , , ,

gravatar Jamie - May 2, 2006 - 3:10 AM -

I thought about putting "Stay" on, but didn't. So no. Was close though.

And how cool is it that "Lemon Tree" is on your mix? Does anybody even know that song in the US? There's a bit of weird German patriotic proud somewhere in here. I just don't know where.

gravatar Jamie - May 2, 2006 - 3:15 AM -

I thought about putting "Stay" on, but didn't. So no. Was close though.

gravatar Fraulein N - May 2, 2006 - 9:13 AM -

Dude. They let you watch "Black Hole Sun" in school? Today, you just know that would be followed by a lawsuit.

gravatar alfie - May 2, 2006 - 9:33 AM -

Hey! You're not allowed to put MY song on your CD....

gravatar srah - May 2, 2006 - 9:50 AM -

It was my song before it was your song, grasshopper.

And I have no idea why we were watching music videos in class. The only thing I can think of is that the teacher was out of the room and someone turned on the TV. But why would it be hooked up to cable, or why were they showing music videos on network TV?

gravatar Cheryl - May 2, 2006 - 11:04 AM -

I heard Lemon Tree on the Musak a couple times when I worked at the golf course. But I only know that because I already knew the song.

gravatar Frema - May 2, 2006 - 3:59 PM -

I seriously thought I was the only one who still remembers Primitive Radio Gods. I have this CD and like it to this day. Can't believe I didn't put it on my own mix.

Also, I included a Lisa Loeb song as well, but chose "Alone" from Tails, as I thought the chances of anyone else including it were slim. Also also, it has a really cool guitar riff.

gravatar Aunt Pam - May 3, 2006 - 8:04 AM -

I adore that you put both "Downtown" & "Mack the Knife" on your CD. I had the vinyl of Petula Clark with "Downtown" (AND "England Swings" & "Winchester Cathedral) and it was one of my favorites growing up. As for "Mack the Knife", well, Bobby Darrin was played frequently in our home so it was both listened to and sung often by me mudder. I also performed this in a trio whilst in choir and enjoyed singing it. (Sorry Alfie, but you ain't the only fan!!!)

gravatar Aunt Pam - May 3, 2006 - 8:09 AM -

An Old Fashioned Love Song - Three Dog Night - I love Three Dog Night!

This was one of Uncle John's most favorite groups of the 70's. One of his favorite memories as a young guy was seeing them in concert. It's easily forgiven that he took his old flame to the concert as they were an awesome group - plus while he had a wonderful time at the concert he had a lousy time with her ;-)

gravatar Allison - May 5, 2006 - 5:07 PM -

You had engineering classes in high school?

gravatar Erica M - May 5, 2006 - 5:45 PM -

Tubthumping totally reminds me of the first time I went to Canada to drink.

gravatar srah - May 6, 2006 - 10:08 AM -

"Engineering" was what they called "Industrial Arts" or "Shop". But that was in middle school.