Previous entry:
« An Ann Arbor legend

Yarrrrrr.

'Tis International Talk Like a Pirate Day, me beauties. What be ye doing to celebrate this momentous holiday?

I've got a veritable harrrrrrrrrrrrrrvest of pirate jokes!

For example:

• What kind of library do pirates work in?
  • What do you call a pirate who sets fire to his own ship?
  • What's a pirate's favorite candy bar?
  • Where do pirates like to go in North Dakota?
  • What's a pirate's favorite Hogwarts subject?
  • Who's a pirate's favorite economic theorist?

The nice thing is that you may come up with even better punchlines than the one I intended!

srah - Wednesday, 19 September 2007 - 6:42 AM
Tags: , , ,

gravatar Craig - September 19, 2007 - 7:52 AM -

1. Umm...One with amazing arrrchitecture?
2. An arrrrsonist.
3. Marrrrrs barrrrr.
4. Farrrrrrgo.
5. Defense against the Dark Arrrts.
6. Adam Smith

gravatar alfie - September 19, 2007 - 8:12 AM -

1. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrchive.
2. An arrrrrrrrrrrsonist.
3. Marrrrrrrrs Barrrrrrrr.
4. Farrrrrrrrrrrgo.
5. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrritmancy.
6. Adam Smith.

gravatar srah - September 19, 2007 - 8:37 AM -

What is up with you people and Adam Smith?

Wow, there are a lot of good answers for 5! Neither of you came up with the one I was thinking of!

gravatar Craig - September 19, 2007 - 10:09 AM -

It's because it's funny to have all the "Arrr" answers followed by Adam Smith. It's like the bad dog joke about "should I have said Lou Gehrig?" Not to mention that misinterpretation of Smith's thoughts on self-interest could be used as justification for piracy.

gravatar Craig - September 19, 2007 - 7:43 PM -

5. Charrrrrms?

gravatar Mr. Endogeneity - September 19, 2007 - 9:59 PM -

6. Kenneth Arrrrrrrrrrrow?

gravatar Mr. Endogeneity - September 19, 2007 - 10:04 PM -

or 6. David Ricarrrrrrrrrrdo (following the Adam Smith "really old" economists).

gravatar srah - September 19, 2007 - 10:13 PM -

Yeah, I was thinking Charrrrrrms when I wrote #5. And for #6 I was thinking Karrrrrrrrrrrrrrl Marrrrrrrrrx.

gravatar Mr. Endogeneity - September 19, 2007 - 10:37 PM -

John Harrrrrrrrsanyi? Hal Varrrrrrrrrrrrrian? Arnold Harrrrrrrrrrberger? I list 2 Nobel Prize winners, an economist who took Adam Smith to a whole new level and the head economist at Google and you give me Karl Marx? Mr. T-Bone should get more respect (forgot my name).

gravatar srah - September 19, 2007 - 10:42 PM -

You know, ever since you posted earlier, I have been wondering how someone at KSU found my blog. I only just made the connection and realized who you are. Durrr. It doesn't help that your address starts with a C and I don't think of you as a C. :D

I'm not saying your answers aren't good! They're just not what I came up with (or anyone I've heard of). They are probably better answers than mine (like Craig and Alfie did with the Hogwarts classes). I wouldn't know. You could be like "Barrrrney R. Harrrrrfdarrrrrfer is the greatest economist who ever lived" and I would be like "Yes... yes, he's very good. Yes, Harfdarfer. One of my favorites."

gravatar Andrea - September 20, 2007 - 7:18 PM -

Your piratical Twitters all day yesterday brought a smile to my face. Good verse, ye scurvy piratess!