Sometimes when someone has a crush on you, they'll make you a mix tape to give you a clue

Not that I have a crush on Tiff. It's all part of the NaBloPoMo game, folks. ... or is it¹?

Anyway, it's time for Volume 2 of Tiff's Great CD Swap. I found myself unable to make one good mix CD of love songs, so I've made two bad ones instead. The first follows my November theme, and the second one is full of the most clichéd and/or sappy love songs evar. Read on for playlists!

¹ Yes, it is.

srah - Tuesday, 13 November 2007 - 12:22 PM
Tags: , , , ,

gravatar Elisabeth - November 13, 2007 - 12:38 PM -

Avenue Q

gravatar Elisabeth - November 13, 2007 - 12:40 PM -

I'm especially fond of both 16's

gravatar srah - November 13, 2007 - 12:58 PM -

Correct!

gravatar Amy - November 13, 2007 - 1:59 PM -

Grrr! It's so hard to get in first these days.

Maybe I'll start doing a reverse musical quiz for srah in the comments box... then I'll be the one handing out points.

gravatar Craig - November 13, 2007 - 2:55 PM -

Volume 2b is just absolutely awesome. There are two thoughts that immediately leap into my mind while reading the list. First, it's been many, many years, but I still find the line "waited on a line of greens and blues" in To Be With You to be completely ridiculous. It has never stopped me from liking the song, though. Second, when I was around 11 years old or so, I got an electric keyboard. The demo song that it played on it's own (which was pretty much the only thing resembling music that ever was played on it) was Billy Joel's Just the Way You Are. To this day, hearing that song, or even just the name of the song, immediately makes me have a cheesy synthesizer version stuck in my head.

gravatar Aunt Pam - November 13, 2007 - 2:57 PM -

I love #15 Vol. II but the following are very special:
#16 Vol. II is Uncle John's & my song, while #21 Vol. IIb is his song for me. sniff sniff.

gravatar srah - November 13, 2007 - 3:00 PM -

Have one in your own blog, Amy! I will help you publicize.

gravatar tiff - November 13, 2007 - 3:46 PM -

Oh, I was so hoping someone would make the sappy love song mix, although I was physically incapable of doing so.

Is it wrong that Queen's Somebody to Love reminds me most of Ella Enchanted?

I'm less familiar with musicals, but I obviously need to hear all those songs if I have a chance of getting ONE FREAKING POINT!

(I'll take 'em digitally and save you a buck.)

gravatar alfie - November 13, 2007 - 4:11 PM -

Hmmmm. I seem to remember telling you that this was one of the musicals with which I had no familiarity.

*runs out to buy Les Miserables immediately*

gravatar srah - November 13, 2007 - 4:42 PM -

EXACTLY! Now I'm disappointed that you didn't see it before it had been guessed, and feel an immediate sense of failure.

I am the meanest sister ever!

gravatar Amy - November 13, 2007 - 8:18 PM -

I think I've been commenting here more than I've posted on my own blog for months. wow.