Next entry:
Dream »

Guess Again

My, there's been a flurry of blogging around here today! My blogging process is, like the Internet, a series of tubes. When one post that I perceive as particularly serious or long (like the one about Madeleine L'Engle) is in the works, it clogs everything else up. I don't want to blog anything else before I got that done, so a lot of things just hang around in the idea-stage until I finish.

Anyway, here's a little meme I got from pesky'apostrophe and then it's off to bed with me!¹

Here are the [adapted] rules for the meme:
  1. Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
  2. Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (Skip repeat artists).
  3. Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Leave your guesses in the comments. Some will be super easy, but try not to cheat by Googling.

They are in the extension below! I have only altered the list by skipping covers and mashups and songs in foreign languages.

¹ No, you can't come to bed with me.

srah - Wednesday, 12 September 2007 - 10:35 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar Fraulein N - September 13, 2007 - 10:36 AM -

Ooh, I'm so excited 'cause I actually know some of these!

3. Elton John, "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues"
10. Deep Blue Something, "Breakfast at Tiffanys" (why do I remember the name of this group?)
17. Fiona Apple, "Shadowboxer"
19. Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta" (this one's in my ipod too!)

gravatar srah - September 13, 2007 - 11:42 AM -

All correct!

gravatar Brian - September 13, 2007 - 1:27 PM -

Usually, I stink at these, but I actually picked one out: #18 is I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You by Colin Hay (it's even on my ipod)

gravatar srah - September 13, 2007 - 2:19 PM -

Well done!

gravatar jamelah - September 13, 2007 - 10:01 PM -

4 is "Hearts and Bones" by Paul Simon.

gravatar srah - September 13, 2007 - 10:06 PM -

Yep!

gravatar alfie - September 14, 2007 - 12:19 AM -

1. "Awesometown Theme" performed by Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, Akiva Schaffer and extras (including Chester)
6. Oh dear. I sincerely hope this is "Muskrat Love" by The Captain and Tenille, but why do you have this song? Oh yeah, the Book of Bad Songs.
9. "Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles." Is that the title? Sung by whoever is playing Motel in your mp3 of "Fiddler on the Roof.
12. "Your Rock is Too Hard" sung by that guy Chris who was playing Earl in "LeStrat."
13. "Alone Again (Naturally)" by Gilbert O'Sullivan

That's all I can think of right now.

gravatar srah - September 14, 2007 - 8:18 AM -

I'll give you #1 and #12, because you gave me more information than I was looking for. #6 and #13 are right. #9 needs a little work. You're almost there, but I don't want to just give it away.

gravatar alfie - September 14, 2007 - 12:12 PM -

Ok, "Miracle of Miracles" sung by Motel and Tzeitel?

gravatar srah - September 14, 2007 - 12:31 PM -

That'll do, pig.

gravatar srah - September 14, 2007 - 9:25 PM -

I bet my college roommate could get a few of the ones that haven't been guessed yet... if no one gets them by the end of the weekend, I'll have to call in the big guns!

gravatar Aunt Pam - September 19, 2007 - 8:51 AM -

Number 11: "Paint The Sky With Stars" by Enya

gravatar Aunt Pam - September 19, 2007 - 8:59 AM -

I have to pick a bone about The Captain & Tenille getting credit for "Muskrat Love". Let the whole world know that it was America that did us all proud with that song. If you are going to have this song you simply must rid yourself of T.C. & T. version and try one of the many recorded versions by the great band America.

gravatar srah - September 19, 2007 - 9:06 AM -

#11 is right. And as for Muskrat Love, I'm not really fond of the song in any form! I only have that mp3 because I have a mission to collect all of the songs mentioned in Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. So its badness is what endears it to me. :D

gravatar Aunt Pam - September 19, 2007 - 9:20 AM -

#20 An Innocent Man by the legendary Billy Joel who has made my toes curl since 1973 with Travelin' Prayer & You're My Home.

gravatar Aunt Pam - September 19, 2007 - 9:22 AM -

But it's badness is better with the America Version. Plus you don't have to go out and kill anyone after you've listened to it. (I really hate it when I have to do that)

gravatar srah - September 19, 2007 - 10:23 AM -

That's another one! Seven left!

gravatar spaz - September 20, 2007 - 1:10 PM -

14. Shadowman by K's Choice
15. Bluest Eyes in Texas by Nina Persons

gravatar srah - September 20, 2007 - 1:40 PM -

Roommate FTW! I bet you could get #8, too. I'm pretty sure you have/had the CD. :D