Got Lions and Tigers, only in Detroit

I am so disappointed with the Detroit Tigers this year. Remember when they used to almost break records for sucking and suck so bad they lost more games than they played?

I have been mad at the Tigers for the last three years¹, ever since that season where they sucked so bad... that they couldn't even break records for sucking. They were poised to break records for the worst season ever, then at the end of the season they won a few games and avoided that plight. If you're going to be that bad, then go all the way and break the record! Better to be excruciatingly awful than mediocre! ... I guess.

So now apparently they're having this great season... I hope they suddenly start losing at the end of the season and just avoid going to the World Series. That'll show you, Tigers!

¹ Before that I was just ambivalent.

srah - Friday, 11 August 2006 - 5:11 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar alfie - August 11, 2006 - 10:09 PM -

On behalf of your family, shut up.

gravatar J - August 11, 2006 - 10:28 PM -

So you were mad when they were bad, but not the worst, but you'll be satisfied if they're good, but not the best? Honestly! Maybe you should be mad at them for finally being good after you've left! I know I am.

gravatar Tony - August 11, 2006 - 11:04 PM -

Oh you can never beat the suckiest team of all-time...the Philadelphia Phillies. 63 more losses for 10,000 in their entire history. That's some major suckage. Now you know why we boo so much. BOOOOOOOO!

gravatar Aunt Pam - August 12, 2006 - 7:21 AM -

Alfie, I am surprised at your restraint. I would have expected a more vehement response from you! I myself am pretty ambivalent about the whole Tiger thing but feel like I live in Bizarro world . . . the Lions won a game?? Wassup with that?

gravatar srah - August 12, 2006 - 10:00 AM -

J - Exactly. It made me mad that they didn't go all the way to the Sucking record, but I will be satisfied if they screw up their Being Good record too.

Wait, the Lions won? What is this world coming to?

The Phillies sound awesome.