Everyone involved in the creation of this film must walk the plank!

I have been trying to blog about Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest for almost a week now, but I have been so ENRAGED with RAGE that it... flames... flames, on the side of my face. Heaving... heaving breaths... Well, I think I am mostly sort of cooled off enough to write about it now, but hopefully not too cool to express to you my RAGE. When the movie ended, I could barely speak in full sentences, such was my RAGE. The only thing that I could utter between my spitting and clawing at the screen was an threat to BLOG VERY ANGRILY about my disappointment and RAGE at this movie.

If you would like to see an excellent video review by a ninja who was as disappointed and confused as I was, I suggest that you click here forthwith. I suspect that even if he weren't the sworn enemy of pirates he would have hated this movie.

I shall hide the rest of my RAGE below the jump so that those of you who haven't seen it won't have your pure, pure hearts spoiled by the sight of something so ENRAGING.

srah - Thursday, 13 July 2006 - 6:43 PM
Tags: , , , ,

gravatar Aunt Pat - July 13, 2006 - 6:48 PM -

Come on, tell us how you REALLY feel.

gravatar cari - July 13, 2006 - 6:53 PM -

I like your summary of the movie. I agree with most of it. Is there really anything to spoil though? Oh and I was dumb enough to wait for the stupid scene at the end of the credits. Poor doggie!

gravatar Noor - July 13, 2006 - 7:15 PM -

[shrug] I liked it.

But I haven't even seen the first one yet.

I guess I just don't have an attachment to the characters so I didn't really care what happened.

gravatar Maine - July 13, 2006 - 8:40 PM -

Time out - no resolution? Did the theater break out into a slapfight during the closing credits? I... I almost can't imagine how angry I'd be if I sat through 2 hours of crap sequel and wasn't even granted the decency of a token wrap-up.

No, really... was there a slapfight?

gravatar srah - July 13, 2006 - 8:45 PM -

No one seemed upset but me!

gravatar jamelah - July 13, 2006 - 10:05 PM -

I saw it and was kinda bummed about it not ending. Like, I looked at my watch and mentally calculated how long I'd been sitting there and figured I'd need to sit there x number of minutes longer before it would be over, but then I was wrong because suddenly there were credits. Even so, I had a fun time at the movie and liked it okay up until that point (but yes, they could kill Keira Knightley and the world would be a better place -- in fact they could do that movie or no movie), but I didn't really care enough to be pissed off... I was just... yeah, kinda bummed.

gravatar apete - July 14, 2006 - 12:29 AM -

How about the Return of the Jedi links?

gravatar srah - July 14, 2006 - 6:16 AM -

They are alluded to. But I felt that to go into detail about those would take away from the RAGE.

gravatar ecook - July 16, 2006 - 10:19 PM -

"THIS WAS SO STUPIDLY STUPIDLY ENRAGING THAT I CAN'T BELIEVE GEORGE LUCAS WASN'T INVOLVED." -- haha! Best movie review quote ever.