Oh what a tangled web we weave when we something something on Christmas Eve...

I have a haircutting appointment on Tuesday. I'm going back to Robin's hair-cutting lady. I will look good and feel guilty for abandoning mine. Either that or she will have gone insane in my absence and I will feel guilty and look like crap.

Why can't I get just a haircut and not have big dramatic issues about it, as I assume normal people do? Well, if I weren't insane and neurotic and overdramatic, then I wouldn't have anything to blog about, now would I?

srah - Monday, 20 October 2003 - 10:56 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar Deanna - October 20, 2003 - 11:12 AM -

How could you do this to me Sarah? I have a little girl to support. My husband is self-employed in a tight economy. Thank goodness for your lovely mother and sister who think I make them look beautiful. Your mother has been told that I am an artist!

gravatar srah - October 20, 2003 - 11:17 AM -

I like the "think".

gravatar alfie - October 20, 2003 - 11:18 AM -

Jerk face.

gravatar Jezito - October 20, 2003 - 12:00 PM -

I haven't had my hair cut since January. It needs a bit of a trim now.

gravatar Mer - October 20, 2003 - 12:39 PM -

Oh, dear. I had this great haircuttinglady, Chalsey (yep, that was her name), and she was really nice and everything, but she was always trying to straighten my hair, and while it looked good, I just wasn't willing to keep trying to defy nature by always, always straightening it. Plus, expensive. Plus, at the mall.

So, there was a salon down the road from my house, like 2 seconds, and while still expensive, I thought it would be cool. It was cool, for a while. But now I'm a little scared of the haircuttinglady, because she's just too, too, GUSHY. Even though she understood curly hair.

I found myself torn by that. And then torn by the fact that I didn't want to go back to Gusher, and felt too guilty to go back to sweet, wonderful Chalsey. So I went to Noggins today. Not half bad.

gravatar srah - October 20, 2003 - 1:03 PM -

Aren't you supposed to be concentrating on moving, Shaggy?

gravatar katie - October 20, 2003 - 1:12 PM -

I like my haircuttinglady. She is perky and fun and pregnant. I will be sad when I move away to graduate school. Every 5 weeks I will have to come back to get my hair cut. This will be quite expensive. I guess a long distance relationship just doesn't work with haircuttingpeople.

gravatar Cheryl - October 20, 2003 - 1:18 PM -

Sarah, I'm getting my hair cut this weekend by Megan, too! (that's her name, since apparently, she's the "haircutting lady". We will look lovely. This is why we need to spend time together, so everyone looks at us jealously. With envy.

gravatar Greg - October 20, 2003 - 1:24 PM -

I generally hate people who link to their own blog in other people's comments, but I did want to let you know that other people have dramatic issues in regards to hair cutting.

gravatar srah - October 20, 2003 - 2:26 PM -

Well, sometimes we must love the sinner and hate the sin. Luckily I loved the sin too.

gravatar richard - October 20, 2003 - 3:15 PM -

You could do what I did. Slap a little plastic spacer on your Wahl electric razor and Zip Zip Zip

gravatar katie - October 20, 2003 - 4:22 PM -

Richard, when I first scanned that I thought you were going to say something about getting your hair caught in a zipper and having it pulled out.

Or something.

Sleepy time now. Sleepy gooooood.

gravatar Justin - October 20, 2003 - 6:51 PM -

My hair-cutting lady is a 50-year-old guy named Steve. He looks kind of like a fat Bernard Hill, complete with his King Theoden haircut.