Previous entry:
« It's notta tumah
Next entry:
Dream »

'I'm gonna walk you! One times one!'

I haven't done a Real World recap in weeks and weeks. I bet you thought you were safe.

This week, we had two episodes to catch up on, because my cable TV connection was in Germany last week. The first was all about how the roommates dealt with the war in Iraq (pronounced EYE-rack). Different roommates dealt with this in different ways. Ace knelt at his Shrine to the Dubya and announced that everyone in the world should just get along and drink Kentucky bourbon together. Leah felt that we should get Saddam Hussein back for all of the people he killed on September 11th and protect her family in New York from further Iraqi attacks. Ahem. Christina dealt with the situation by making up big words in an attempt to look smart (no surprise there). Simon, the sole non-American, had the only viewpoint that came anywhere near what mine was when I was there in March, but was eventually beaten into silent submission by the others' whines. Chris feared that he would be a victim of anti-American sentiment in France, which I thought was interesting since they don't seem to interact with anyone outside the house.

The second episode was about how Chris doesn't know how to function in normal society and thinks that getting drunk and beating people up while screaming completely unintelligible threats is an acceptable way of behaving. He wonders why no one seems to understand him. I believe, although Robin wants to review the tape, that he described this as being in touch with his "animalicious" tendencies. Next week: Chris beats more people up.

srah - Wednesday, 8 October 2003 - 12:41 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Dan Cock - October 8, 2003 - 7:52 PM -

Did they ever actually learn French? What's up with the fighting crap? I'm always a fan of a good beatdown, but it's gotta be for a good reason.

gravatar alfie - October 8, 2003 - 8:12 PM -

Referring to him as Chris confuses me because I've only seen one episode (the one we IMed about) and they always referred to him as CT. CT the ignorant gorilla who likes to hit random people.

gravatar Justin - October 9, 2003 - 3:30 AM -

"I'm gonna walk you, dog!" What in God's name does that mean anyway? People aren't allowed to go around making up slang are they? You've got to have some sort of slangology degree or something to do that, right? I doubt that CT has a degree in slangology.

gravatar Stephen - October 9, 2003 - 9:38 AM -

I'm back online! At least for a bit. I just finished my "formation" in Douai. Now I have to wait to get my password at the schools where I'll be working so I can get online there.

gravatar cristina - October 9, 2003 - 12:26 PM -

i'm so glad i'm missing the real world and actually living here in france. it's sad to think that some kids might be living a parisian experience through these losers who think nightlife means blowing 100 on drinks and cab rides to & from some lame club on the champs elyses!!

gravatar Cheryl - October 9, 2003 - 12:33 PM -

I was so excited to see that you had an update! I've miss RW two or maybe three weeks in a row and desperately needed an update! And I'm being completely serious here, as I am one of the ones who hooked Srah in. Ha ha ha ha ha!

gravatar Cheryl - October 9, 2003 - 12:34 PM -

PS I love that Leah's so stupid. Now I am being sarcastic.