Previous entry:
« What if?

It's notta tumah

I don't know anything about California. I've never lived in California. All I know is, when I hear Governor Schwartzenegger*'s voice on the radio, it makes me giggle. How can anyone take him seriously? I can't get past the voice enough to actually listen to what he's saying.

Mummy says I shouldn't take him less seriously because of his accent. Am I one to take people less seriously because of accents? I don't think so. My grandma and ex-boyfriend and loads of my friends from Albion have accents. I like accents. Sometimes I think I might be more likely to take someone seriously if they have an accent.

I can't take him seriously because he talks like a robot. A time-travelling robot from a movie I haven't seen, perhaps, but a robot nonetheless. When he actually has emotion in his voice, it makes me laugh even harder just because it's like he's faking it.

So generally, I guess I'm just hoping California will be in the news a lot over the next few years, because a good giggle is always welcome.

–––––
* This name makes me laugh, too.

srah - Wednesday, 8 October 2003 - 12:27 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar katie - October 8, 2003 - 1:23 PM -

I am torn between feeling that California was gullible enough to elect a no-experience actor just because he's cool, and feeling that perhaps this will be a refreshing break from politics-as-usual. I think both are true, actually.

gravatar richard - October 8, 2003 - 1:29 PM -

LOL! I was saying, "Iss not a tumah" this morning.

scary o

gravatar Jez - October 8, 2003 - 2:00 PM -

You haven't seen The Governator? I mean, The Terminator?

gravatar rockinronnie - October 8, 2003 - 6:49 PM -

I can't take him seriously because he has nothing to say.....and now, thanks to him, I have that dam song in my head....we're not gonna take it, no we're not gonna take it

wasn't this whole recall, elect Awnold thing kinda fast??..I thought elections took two years minimum in the States?

gravatar alfie - October 8, 2003 - 8:10 PM -

Not recall elections. Gray Davis was recalled and AS was elected all in one night.

gravatar sheri - October 9, 2003 - 5:52 AM -

Alrighty there, Ma'am. We're gonna have to sit ya down and make you watch the first two Terminators. The third was kinda pointless, but yeah--the first two are mandatory :)

(And I have to agree! I find the whole thing REALLY funny =)

gravatar cristina - October 9, 2003 - 12:19 PM -

kindergarten cop - yes!
arnie as gov - no!

hehe, jk. could care less.

gravatar Cheryl - October 9, 2003 - 12:29 PM -

I think many of us our in agreement that it was stupid to elect him. Why don't we live in Cali?

gravatar CommanderFalafel - October 9, 2003 - 3:48 PM -

Listening to interviews on the news of people in California, it sounds like they got what they wanted... in fact, more people voted for Arnold than went to see T3 (in California, that is).