Previous entry:
« New Mac city

Not to mention finger-lickin' good

Juan Moreno has kindly asked me to link to Justin's Quotes Quiz(zes). Since Juan is so generous and loving and emotionally open, I am only too glad to acquiesce. Go guess.

srah - Tuesday, 16 September 2003 - 1:03 AM

gravatar katie - September 16, 2003 - 9:06 AM -

I wanted to post a comment, but it wouldn't let me. :( Will you post a guess on my behalf?

I think #4 (on q#2) is from Army of Darkness. I'm wrong, but it's a good guess anyway.

gravatar Justin - September 16, 2003 - 10:14 AM -

Hey, you got it right. I was wondering when somebody was going to pick up on that one. I mean, that's one of the most famous lines from that movie! But then...it is Army of Darkness, isn't it?

gravatar katie - September 16, 2003 - 1:39 PM -

On first read-through of all the questions, that was the only one that jumped out at me right away. But I thought, "No way, who would post something from Army of Darkness." Then I decided to try anyway. Yay.

That really is a fabulous, terrible movie. "Hail to the king, baby."

gravatar Justin - September 16, 2003 - 2:16 PM -

Who would post anything from AOD? I would, that's who. Take a look at my LJ icon. Bruce Campbell is MY HERO.

gravatar katie - September 16, 2003 - 2:38 PM -

Heh. Now you are mine. :)

gravatar Mr. Hibbity Gibbity - September 16, 2003 - 3:01 PM -

Ahem . . . on a side note . . . if you truly like Mr. Campbell . . . I suggest going to the following website and checking out the trailer to his new movie . . .

Hail to the king, indeed!

gravatar lee - September 16, 2003 - 4:03 PM -

Srah, I am so not kidding about this. This evening, just an hour or so ago, I asked how to pronounce that word. Because it's one of those words that I have only read in books, never heard in conversation. I may just be as big of a "loser" as you (you said it yourself), because I'm all extra excited about the coincidence of our semi-simultaneous-although-not-really use of the word acquiesce (I had to cheat and look at your spelling...damn).

gravatar Justin - September 16, 2003 - 4:19 PM -

Whoo! I'm a hero!

I've seen the trailer for Bubba Ho-Tep and I can't wait to see the actual movie. It opens in NY & LA this Friday, and then gets a wider release. Hopefully it'll play somewhere nearby. I'll drive to Atlanta if I must. I mean, Bruce as a geriatric Elvis fighting against mummies that suck the souls out of the buttholes of nursing home dwellers? How could I miss that?

gravatar srah - September 16, 2003 - 5:59 PM -

I hate words I've read but never heard in real life. Is it my fault no one around me uses them so I can learn how to pronounce them? Instead I have to find a synonym and that makes srahs sad. I can't think of another example, but now I'll keep a brain out for them.