Never mind me, I'm just out of touch with reality.

I watched this video ("TeaToday Feb 7, 2008 - How to make a great chai latte") months ago, and just now found myself sitting on the couch thinking, "I should look that video up again and find out what brand of chai he used, because that stuff was really good and tasted as good as the stuff you buy at the store or Starbucks."

EXCEPT I'VE NEVER TASTED IT.

I just watched someone else tasting it and somehow transferred it to myself. Let me tell you, in my mind, it was delicious.

srah - Tuesday, 17 June 2008 - 7:24 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Edrei - June 18, 2008 - 11:05 AM -

The thing about chai tea (not the latte that you find in Starbucks) is that it's a love and hate affair. You either love it or hate it and there is no middle ground. What I do is I make my own chai tea because I have all the spices needed around the house. It's easier to ground all of them in a coffee grinder and make the tea itself. The bonus is that this is the real deal and you can tweak it to your taste. The cons?

I really wish someone would make it for me when I'm too lazy to make it myself.

gravatar EV - June 18, 2008 - 2:33 PM -

That's kind of completely hilarious. And I want so badly to love chai and just can't get around to it.

gravatar Marianne - June 19, 2008 - 6:45 AM -

Brilliant, I know exactly what you mean - I have had the tasting thing too where I thought I'd eaten something that was actually on tv and the other day I told this story about this terrible thing that happened to my friend, and then I suddenly realised it actually happened to Frasier. We have too much information coming at us nowadays I guess!

gravatar Neil - June 19, 2008 - 8:06 AM -

That did look good. But it is simpler going to Starbucks.

gravatar Rachel - June 19, 2008 - 9:15 PM -

That's absolutely the funniest thing I've read all week.

gravatar jamelah - June 20, 2008 - 8:43 AM -

That's a pretty good talent. Being able to ascertain the deliciousness of something without actually having tasted it.