Wheezy

Ha ha travels!I am going to Michigan today. On Sunday I am driving back down to Ohio. On Tuesday I am driving to Dayton in order to fly to Detroit and on to Minneapolis for a conference. On Saturday I return to Dayton via Detroit and drive home.

I ab hobing that sobewhere in all of by travels I will find a place that I ab not quite as allergic to as Srahtown. I am drowning here. I cannot breathe! And that is with all the Claritin!

Since I never had any serious problems¹ with allergies before moving here, I'm wondering if the problem is an increase in the allergens in the air rather than my having developed a new sensitivity to them. And if leaving town actually does cure my allergies, then too bad for Srahtown. I will find a chance to escape whenever possible for the rest of the summer. What's it like where you live? Because I'm coming to visit.

¹ Like, you know, getting to the point where I have to grab my chest and manually push it up and down to allow air to flow into my lungs every time I go outside.

srah - Friday, 25 May 2007 - 4:29 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Aunt Pam - May 25, 2007 - 11:04 PM -

I never would have believed it, but I've had TWO new clients come in this past week telling me how a chiropractor has helped substantially reduced their allergies this year. Woulda never thunk it, but hey . . . if it works!

Having said all that, I (unlike my other family members) have never been one to suffer allergies until coming back to Michigan. John's & Bethany's allergies were awful living on Long Island & Philly. So yeah, location location location.

Have safe travels Sarah!

gravatar Elisabeth - May 25, 2007 - 11:12 PM -

Safe travels and get well soon. Although, when I read the word Wheezy, my first thought was that it was going to be about Dobby, calling Ron, Harry's Wheezy, which is just a great part of the book.

gravatar srah - May 26, 2007 - 12:29 AM -

I haaaaate Dobby! And I am allergic to Ohio. :(

gravatar Not your mom - May 26, 2007 - 8:22 AM -

You may be in an area that has more pollen of a type you are allergic to or perhaps it is damper there so there is more mold. Better move back to MI or another state. AZ used to be the place to live until new residents brought plants from their home state with them so now it is just as filled with pollen as the other states.

gravatar Elisabeth - May 26, 2007 - 2:11 PM -

You know, in Cleveland, I'm a model.

gravatar Aunt Pam - May 26, 2007 - 4:25 PM -

And I am allergic to Ohio. :(

I hear your pain Sarah . . . I've always felt allergic to Michigan. If only we could trade places!!

gravatar Allison - May 26, 2007 - 8:38 PM -

Wouldn't that be your diaphragm you're pushing up and down?

Actually, that part of Ohio is fairly bad for allergies. I've heard many people say that they've never had allergies problems until moving there. Or, it's just that you're getting older...?

Plus, you could try eating more local honey.

gravatar srah - May 27, 2007 - 8:27 PM -

Hmmmm, honey. It's an idea. Or I could just die. That would be more dramatic. :D

gravatar Cheryl - May 29, 2007 - 8:25 AM -

A friend of mine became very excited when she moved away from Ohio because of the allergies, too.