I say vote yes! (Sit down, srah)

I tripped off to the polling place today, buoyant with excitement at the prospect of My Very Own First Electronic Voting Experience. I walked down the road (for a nice 1500 or so steps each way), went up to the Precinct 3 table and gave them my name and ID. They informed me that I wasn't on their list and that judging by the road I live on, I was supposed to be at the Srahtown Township table rather than Srahtown Precinct 3. This was a bit of a surprise, as I'd always had the impression I was inside the city limits. Fortunately, Precinct 3 and the Township share a voting location, so it was just another table across the room. I presented my name and ID and discovered I was not on that list either. They looked up my house number and discovered that yes, my part of the road is indeed in Precinct 3.

So even though I was notified to come vote at that location, I was not on the voter list and had to fill out a provisional ballot. On paper. With little bubbles to fill in like a freaking Scantron! Then I had to fold it and put it in an envelope and hope that someone counts it in a few days.

So I am left out of all the super electronic voting fun! Booooooooo!

srah - Tuesday, 7 November 2006 - 6:07 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar cari - November 7, 2006 - 8:02 PM -

I think that it is an evil conspiracy and that Ohio doesn't want your southeastern michigan liberal tendancies to sway their Red state voting!

gravatar srah - November 7, 2006 - 8:08 PM -

Actually, I think Ohio's expected to swing the other way today. :)

gravatar Allison - November 7, 2006 - 9:15 PM -

Ohio is a purple state.

gravatar alfie - November 8, 2006 - 12:05 AM -

Michigan was using the freaking bubble Scantron crap things too. I think I weirded out the guy next to me because I kept muttering at the bubbles and snickering at certain candidates.

gravatar Jen D - November 8, 2006 - 1:00 PM -

How weird...I had pretty much the exact same experience. Went to vote and was supposed to be in Pre. #1, but wasn't on the list, got bumped to Pre. #2, still not on the list...moved to Pre. #3 (of 4) and they finally found me! Turns out my particular house is on the fault line of the three Precincts. I'm so special! :) I still had to use the scantron ballot as we are not high-tech enough for electronic...too many doohickies in the dinglelopper.

gravatar srah - November 8, 2006 - 1:11 PM -

Every time I see Scantron (even when I wrote it), I think Scranton. Vote for Agent Michael Scarn!

gravatar Jen D. - November 8, 2006 - 3:59 PM -

Every time I hear Scantron...I think Elementary School MEAP tests! Yes, I'm a nut.