A wee update so my blog isn't so very empty

I went out of the country for a week and didn't touch a computer the whole time. Can you believe that? ME.

Anyway, I have car repairs to have done, I have to register as a student at The University I Work At in order to take Arabic in the fall (which includes having to get copies of immunization records, which as I type this I realize I didn't send over in the envelope with the rest of my medical forms - doh!), I still haven't unpacked or cleaned since returning, I only just got to see the season finale of Lost, and we're entering into the Summer Orientation portion of the year when I have commitments all afternoon and have volunteered to do things in the evening as well.

In short, my brain is too busy to even think about blogging, much less sit down and do it.

But fear not! I am alive and will probably get back in the swing of things next week.

srah - Friday, 2 June 2006 - 1:05 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Fraulein N - June 2, 2006 - 3:24 PM -

Welcome back!

gravatar Allison - June 2, 2006 - 8:32 PM -

"I am alive and...." - that's opposed to dying and having someone else update your blog? ;) Oh, so kind of you nice stranger. When I die, I want you to update my blog too! (jk)

BTW: (For the real Srah) Loved your Jin approval! http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/45689603/1202586

gravatar Anonymous - June 3, 2006 - 8:42 PM -

i have to stop reading blogs and update my life.

gravatar Sarah - June 5, 2006 - 8:01 PM -

Oooh, I took Arabic once when I was madly in love with a dude from the Persian Gulf.

It be hard, yo. Real hard.

As I recall, the Arabic for "My name is Sarah." sounds exactly like, "It's me, Sarah!" If you say it with great enthusiasm, and then translate the inflection literally, it woudl be like you're saying, "MY NAME!!!!!!! (is sarah)"...which has gotta be pretty funny to people who actually speak Arabic.

gravatar jamelah - June 5, 2006 - 8:58 PM -

Oooh, Arabic class! I suck at Arabic, but if you need any help with numbers 1-7, then I'm your girl.

gravatar Your ARWYDK - June 6, 2006 - 12:25 PM -

Hats off to you on the Arabic. I started on it after 9/11 and got far enough that I could read the Aladdin Grocery sign in SE Ann Arbor. It's hard. There's one particular consonant of which they say that if you don't feel like you're about to throw up when you say it, you're not saying it right. One hopes this feeling diminishes over time.

gravatar Amy - June 6, 2006 - 6:29 PM -

Isn't that the funny thing about travel? You do fun stuff that you want to tell everyone about, but you are too tired to do so for days....