X-Men 4: The Last Lemonade and Cupcake Stand

Apete and I went to see X-Men 3 a while ago. A lot of people didn't like the movie, but I felt it had many explosions and people in crazy costumes with magical powers. I don't expect much more from an action movie. I found it interesting that Beast was never referred to by his superhero name. Apete tried to convince me that Hank McCoy's nickname was "Blueberry," which made him seem even cuddlier than he already was. Awwwww. He is like a big furry Sesame Street monster, but one that can TOTALLY kick your ASS.

As I was watching the movie, I started to think about what kind of super power I would have. I decided that it would be just my luck to be born with some mutation that would be of absolutely no use in a battle. Why are there all of these mutants endowed with the power to shoot fire out of their hands or crash through the sides of buildings? If I were a mutant, I would have the power to shoot rainbow sprinkles ("jimmies" if you prefer) out of my hands, similar to the way that Spider-man's mutation allows him to shoot webbing. Through sheer MIND POWER I would be able to change the color or flavor of the sprinkles I create.

I would probably not be very popular among mutants because I would be a liability on the battlefield: "Listen, everybody, let's stop fighting. Who wants a sundae? Aw crap, I'm on fire now! Hey, stop it!"

But I would be a big hit at the Annual Mutant Bake Sale!

srah - Tuesday, 6 June 2006 - 12:38 PM
Tags: , , , , ,

gravatar Aunt Pam - June 6, 2006 - 10:44 PM -

Funniest dang thing I've read in a good long time Srah.

gravatar Cheryl - June 7, 2006 - 9:08 AM -

Jimmies are the chocolate ones. Johnies (HOW is that spelled???) are the rainbow ones. Get it straight. :)

gravatar Fraulein N - June 7, 2006 - 9:26 AM -

"The Last Lemonade and Cupcake Stand"? Hee! I hadn't noticed that they never used Beast's nom de guerre in the movie. I was probably distracted by the morons sitting behind me. I'm going to have to see this movie again when it comes out on DVD.

gravatar srah - June 7, 2006 - 6:06 PM -

I've never called those things jimmies in my life! I thought that was something from the South or the 70s or something.

gravatar Fraulein N - June 8, 2006 - 9:10 AM -

We use the terms "sprinkles" and "jimmies" pretty much interchangeably in Philly.

gravatar chrispy - June 8, 2006 - 9:26 AM -

In my day - in the 70s - we called them "jimmies". We then got on our pennyfarthing bicycles and 23 skidooed....

gravatar srah - June 8, 2006 - 12:53 PM -

Maybe we do call them jimmies in Michigan. It occurs to me that I don't talk about sprinkles that often, so I may have never heard anyone refer to them as such outside of books by Judy Blume and the like.

I don't even like sprinkles! The mutation would be of no use to me.

gravatar Not your mom - June 8, 2006 - 2:09 PM -

I have lived in MI much of my life including the 70's and I never called them "jimmies" they are always sprinkles. Maybe it is a Canadian thing. :-)

In Australia they butter bread and sprinkle sprinkles and call it fairy bread. I think cotton candy is fairy floss. What is it with fairies there?

gravatar Tony - June 8, 2006 - 4:50 PM -

My mom would ask me as a kid if I wanted jimmies on my ice cream and she is never wrong; therefore, that's what they are called. So there!

Mama also says alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

gravatar Not your mom - June 8, 2006 - 6:28 PM -

I looked online and apparently many people are confused about this important issue. Many believe that the chocolate ones are Jimmies and the multicolored ones are sprinkles. Some said the Jimmies originated in MA. I wonder who really knows? I did learn that Dutch like to sprinkle the chocolate ones on bread and butter and call it breakfast!

gravatar srah - June 8, 2006 - 7:48 PM -

Wikipedia says that the "jimmies" thing comes from the Northeastern U.S. which would explain the huge jimmies-response from Pennsylvania (2). There's no explaining Cheryl or Chrispy, but that's always true anyway.

I love the little spherical nonpareil sprinkles but I DO NOT LIKE the elongated ones. I'm pretty sure that they have different textures, so it's not JUST that I'm a crazy person.

gravatar Aunt Pam - June 12, 2006 - 11:15 AM -

Finally got to see X-Men over the week-end . . . did you see the all important deleted scene at the end of the credits???

gravatar Aunt Pam - June 12, 2006 - 11:17 AM -

P.S. They are jimmies . . . that is unless you call them sprinkles. Then, and only then, are they are sprinkles.

gravatar Allison - June 12, 2006 - 12:42 PM -

"Sprinkles" would be so be useful in a mutant fight. There'd be a lot of, "Take that!"
"AAAHHHH!!! I've got sprinkles in my eyes!!"
(See?)

Plus, with no metal ingredients, they wouldn't be susceptible to Magnito's powers; if he actually existed in real life. But, you might dissolve in water...? (Um, that's not good.)

In my case, "sprinkles" are those little distracting things that get in the way of me and my cake.

gravatar jday - June 12, 2006 - 10:22 PM -

My geeky hubby wants you to know, srah, that there actually was a mutant that could shoot colors or some such with a lame-o name like "Dazzle". But sprinkles would be much cooler. He also got your Star Wars HAN SHOT FIRST reference, which really scares me...

gravatar Gary LaPointe - June 14, 2006 - 10:44 PM -

Hi, my name is Gary and I'm a geek...

She could actually transduce sound into light. No sound means no powers though.

These were way bright lights (the kind we make blinding weapons out of these days) and I think she could even do laser light if she had enough sound.

Her name was Dazzler and wore a Disco-ish out fit and could snap wheels onto her shoe and have skates.

I really wouldn't ramble on about my past dorkiness into comics (someone else brought it up not me) but she was originally an X-man back when they became really cool (I think it was the same issue when they brought in Kitty Pryde, the one who walks through walls).

gravatar storm - June 21, 2006 - 1:10 AM -

X-men 3 was compleatly awsome and beast is not cuddly and his nickname is beasy boy not blue berry!!!!!

gravatar Anonymous - June 22, 2006 - 11:26 PM -