Dream

Last night I dreamt an episode of Arrested Development where Rita was going to be in some kind of televised sporting event so Michael was trying to arrange for the whole family to watch it together, George Michael had decided it was finally time to reveal his feelings for Maeby, and Lucille and Oscar were up to something too, but I'm not sure what. It involved huge Esther Williams-esque musical synchronized swimming numbers (I mean really huge, like thousands and thousands of people) and Michael collecting George Michael and Maeby from the swimming thing, dragging them home to see Rita's thing and trying to get Lucille and Oscar off the couch with a line that was something like, "Eating broth is not a sport and this couch is for the sporty ones in the house. And that's us." I think George Michael's plans had revolved around the musical/swimming number, but he was trying to find a way to regroup and try again during Rita's TV appearance. When they sat down to watch it, he was wearing my pyjamas. Then I woke up before anything started.

[You know what's stupid? The 2-hour series finale is going to be this FRIDAY. Friday? Who watches TV on a Friday? Stupid network.]

srah - Sunday, 5 February 2006 - 8:34 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar sarah - February 5, 2006 - 8:07 PM -

wow... and i thought I was obsessed with AD...

I hate fox. I think somebody is going to pick it up though. I hope!

gravatar jamelah - February 6, 2006 - 7:47 AM -

I think I read that Showtime was picking up the remaining episodes of the show, but I could just be hallucinating.

Either way, that's an awesome dream.

gravatar Jamie - February 6, 2006 - 7:59 AM -

I want dreams about AD, too. I always have crazy dreams, so they might as well be fun.

I'm not sure what to think about the finale on Friday. On one hand I can't wait to see new episodes, but on the other hand I don't want this show to stop. It feels wrong.

Maybe a better network will take on poor AD.

gravatar Fraulein N - February 6, 2006 - 9:33 AM -

Friday? Asshats. I heard murmurs about Showtime picking it up, but I don't know what's going to come of that.

gravatar srah - February 6, 2006 - 10:24 AM -

Not only Friday, but opposite the Olympics Opening Ceremonies! And the Lindsay Lohan version of The Parent Trap on TBS.

gravatar alfie - February 6, 2006 - 12:52 PM -

FOX sucks.

gravatar Allison - February 6, 2006 - 1:17 PM -

Perhaps it will go the way of My So-Called Life, or Ren & Stimpy, or other-shows-on-network-TV-that-got-picked-up-by-cable-channels.

Even Family Guy, which I don't watch, was once cancelled and renewed. By Fox, no less.

gravatar chandra - February 6, 2006 - 3:50 PM -

that dream was quite awesome. nothing can be better than synchronized swimming AND arrested development!
i'm with jamie-- i cant wait to see it friday, but i dont know if i can take it!!

gravatar jday - February 6, 2006 - 3:52 PM -

Firefly was turned into a movie (Serenity) after crappy Fox dropped it...

gravatar Mer Haskell - February 7, 2006 - 11:01 PM -

I would take that dream. But I would want to play Rita. Because Michael is hawt.

Funny thing is, I really hated him on Silver Spoons and all those other shows.