'Tis the season of yuletide amnesia

Just think of it!, thinks srah, Egg nog! It sounds so delicious and seasonal! Then she goes out and buys for her candy dish at work a holiday variety pack of tasty chocolates in egg nog, cinnamon almond and peppermint flavors. Which shall I sample first? ponders srah the simpleton. She takes a dainty nibble of an egg nog flavored chocolate and suddenly has no desire to eat anything ever again, for her taste buds have been tainted by the horror that is The Nog.

Christmas comes but once a year, and fortunately, so does egg nog. Unfortunately, I never seem to remember how much I hate it.

srah - Monday, 12 December 2005 - 5:02 PM
Tags: , , ,

gravatar Cari - December 12, 2005 - 10:15 PM -

I had egg nog for the first time ever last year. I didn't like it either.

gravatar Allison - December 12, 2005 - 11:48 PM -

Typically you put booze in egg nog. Try some booze [with or without the Nog]!!

gravatar alfie - December 13, 2005 - 7:02 AM -

I can't believe it. YOU ALWAYS FORGET! Eggnog always sucks.

gravatar jamelah - December 13, 2005 - 7:53 AM -

Yes, egg nog is horrible, though, you know, booze helps it be less horrible. Slightly.

This post reminds me of how I hate shamrock milkshakes. I buy one every year on (or near) St. Patrick's Day because I think "How could this not be delicious and life-sustaining? It's mint!" And then it's gross. Every single time.

gravatar Aunt Pam - December 13, 2005 - 9:47 AM -

Next time you think you want to try egg nog, just get a bottle of Captain Morgan's and some freshly grated nutmeg! It's the best part of the egg nog anyways.

gravatar Tony - December 13, 2005 - 10:57 AM -

I like egg nogg straight up, but sometimes we used to dilute it with milk. That's my theory on why you don't like it. It has too much similarity with milk (you know the carton, the dairy section, etc), which you are just starting to learn to like. If this trend continues, I predict that you'll be doing egg nogg shots with me in a few years.

For Jamelah's sake, let's all remember to post around St Patrick's Day to remind the poor girl not to purchase a Shamrock shake. I can't stand to see someone waste money. Make it a new year's resolution 2006.

gravatar srah - December 13, 2005 - 2:37 PM -

I think part of the problem is that my brain sometimes says, "Sure, I hated egg nog last year, but now my taste buds have matured." Trust me, nothing about me has matured.

gravatar Tony - December 13, 2005 - 3:19 PM -

Yes, you are still that free-spirited young girl...that loves Neil Diamond.

gravatar ~rt~ - December 13, 2005 - 5:36 PM -

dammit! i knew i should have posted the horrors of that eggnog-flavored chocolate shite! they put it on my bedside table when i was in palo alto 2 weeks ago, & though i didn't taste it, i also never got around to warding others off it. i was feeling ever so guilty for letting it pass, but then i was like, but, who would ever unwrap this & actually put it in their mouth? oops. ok, guilt it is.

gravatar jamelah - December 15, 2005 - 7:41 AM -

Yes, maybe I should make not buying a shamrock milkshake a new year's resolution. Of course, I always break my resolutions. I think I'm cursed.

gravatar Tony - December 15, 2005 - 2:11 PM -

I'll give you a dollar if you don't buy a shamrock shake this year.

Maybe you just need some incentive.