I concur.

What Bob said.

srah - Friday, 11 November 2005 - 12:29 PM

gravatar ~rt~ - November 11, 2005 - 6:11 PM -

oh, i love this guy. a taste of heaven is my favorite bakery in chicago, and i used to live just 3 blocks away! i even took baking lessons from dan, who shared his secret scone recipe with those of us in class (let me tell you, they are the BEST. SCONES. EVER.)! if i were still living there, i would go to his store *more* often. why is it so wrong to ask parents to be respectful of the other people around them in a small public space and consider how their children are likely to behave? don't even get me started on this; point being, i love a taste of heaven & you should order from them through the mail. the man also makes the best cake i have ever had. *sigh* he is a GENIUS!!!

gravatar Allison - November 12, 2005 - 2:10 AM -

Interestingly, there was a piece on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight about rudeness in America. Apparently, people are getting more rude and have less of a personal investment in how their actions effect the surrounding environment.

I remember hearing how in the Victorian era, children were sort of considered to be little adults; they were dressed, to some extent, like their parents. It seems the same is happening now. Not only are children and adults dressing the same, adults also seem to be projecting an adult psychology onto children. I'd like to think that I am more psychologically advanced that a 6-yr old. I could be wrong. [tear]

gravatar Howard - November 12, 2005 - 11:30 AM -

I have yet to figure out why parents insist on bringing kids to places they clearly do not belong. It does not matter if the kid will behave or not. Face it, take a 6 year old to a quiet cafe with little to do they will get loud. Same with a nice restaurante. My neices & nephew are pretty well behaved, yet my brother would never think to take them, for an extended period, somewhere they were expected to be quiet all the time. Use some sense people!

gravatar stevieb - November 12, 2005 - 4:41 PM -

i am with u on this ALL THE WAY.

gravatar jday - November 15, 2005 - 10:16 AM -

As a former cheerleader, I take a little offense at that one particular remark. I have absolutely no problem disciplining my niece and nephew (who are, in genereal, good kids anyway) and fully intend to raise respectful children. Children today, just like any day, want to push the envelope and find out how far they can go. It is clearly the fault of the lenient and too-PC parents when kids run amuck (what a good word!).

gravatar srah - November 15, 2005 - 11:24 AM -

Children today, to quote the Governator, are soft. They lack discipline!