Where I come from, I don't believe we play that game...

I walked through the student union today to get a cup of tea and passed a table advertising an upcoming

CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT.

I tried to hold in the laughter and ended up making a face much like those made by the Roman guards when Pontius Pilate told them about his friend Biggus.

Honestly, these Ohioans and their cornoling. You can't drive 50 feet in this area without seeing some farm advertising pumpkin picking and cornholes.

I... I just... I can't... say... I... There are no words.

</maturity>

srah - Monday, 24 October 2005 - 10:21 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar chrispy - October 24, 2005 - 10:58 PM -

Hey Sarah!

*poop*

hee hee!

gravatar Sarah. - October 25, 2005 - 12:15 AM -

Holy crap,

That's my university!

At least, I sure think it is! I mean, it's not possible that two Ohio universities could hold a Cornholing Tournament at the same time, is it?

I'm actually vaguely creeped out by the idea that internet people have come to where I live. Not that you've ever shown wads of interest in me personally or anything. Or that I think you're creepy, or that it's creepy that we might share a university, or hometown, or whatever. And I guess it wouldn't have been creepy had you just lived here all along, and I'd discovered you blogging from here in the first place. I guess it's not very creepy at all. I'm rambling.

Anyway:

What was really weird, though, about the Cornhole thing, is that I discovered that sign while walking out of class with one of my 60+ year old classmates. She actually looked at me and said: "Okay, I know old people are always complaining about 'kids these days' but that's gotta cross some sort of line!"

gravatar srah - October 25, 2005 - 6:59 AM -

Ho'd up. According to your website, you're at TOSU. So unless you've transferred and not changed that, you may be safe from The Attack Of The Internet People! :)

gravatar srah - October 25, 2005 - 7:17 AM -

Of course, what that means is that there are at least two cornholing tournaments...

gravatar Howard - October 25, 2005 - 7:54 AM -

Hey, we have to find SOMETHING to do with all that left over corn....

That must be more of a rural thing since I went to Akron University (in Ohio) and I never recall a cornholing tournament. Then again when I was in school our "high tech" lab had original IBMs that were networked to some XTs that had 5 *MEG* hard drives (gasp!!!). We also went down to the creek and washed our clothes by beating them against the rocks, except for the seniors who just walked through the sprinklers ;).

gravatar katie - October 25, 2005 - 10:39 AM -

I'm just impressed that you managed to hold in the laughter, funny face-making aside.

gravatar Cari - October 26, 2005 - 12:18 AM -

hmmm I guess all that cornholing adds more ammo to the Michigan is better than Ohio debate :-p. Although I don't know what universities in our state do in other parts of the state. There would need to be an investigation and I don't have enough energy for that.

gravatar Cheryl - October 26, 2005 - 4:36 PM -

NE Ohio must not participate in cornholing because we at the other university near Akron U don't do it either.

gravatar Allison - October 27, 2005 - 2:11 AM -

In Ohio's defense, my neighbors have some cornhole thing in their backyard. (IDONTLIKETHISPRACTICE.)

But my point is, since I live in SE Ohio and it may not be in NE Ohio - I think it came from Kentucky!

gravatar Erica - November 7, 2005 - 12:17 AM -