Dream

I dreamt last night that I was on the police force. Apparently all of the cops in my department were renegade, rogue cops who didn't like to play by the rules... except for one.

Played by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's character (whose name I've now forgotten) was good and honest and true and followed the rules and loved everyone regardless of their race, creed or color and had really perfect dental hygiene. The commanding officers loved him and we all hated him. But just before I woke up, he won us over with a stirring speech about love for family.

There was also a part of the dream earlier where I was on campus and yammered through someone's moment of silence, then mooned Dively.

srah - Friday, 15 July 2005 - 8:30 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar apete - July 15, 2005 - 9:53 AM -

Wait, were you a renegade, rougue cop? What did you do?

gravatar srah - July 15, 2005 - 9:54 AM -

I dunno. I just know I came into that meeting with an attitude and I came out with love for my fellow man.

I think I was a dude, too.

gravatar Not Your MOM - July 15, 2005 - 11:05 AM -

You watch too many movies! :-)

gravatar Maine - July 15, 2005 - 11:38 AM -

I nearly died of laughter reading this. Did Kareem sky-hook any criminals into garbage cans? Were there any burglars going around that looked like Larry Bird?

Oh man... I'm gonna go giggle for like 5 hours now...

gravatar srah - July 15, 2005 - 11:50 AM -

One thing I do remember is at the meeting where he won us over, we were at a round table with a lazy-susan spinning center. Everyone had their belongings on the lazy-susan part and when it swung around so that his part was in front of him, we discovered that all he had was a deformed sort of clay pot with his name on it (whatever it was - it started with M), which held his toothbrush and toothpaste.

gravatar Tony - July 15, 2005 - 2:28 PM -

Kareem Aber-Jabber is not a cop or a basketball player, he's a pilot. Duh, don't your remember Airplane!

And you can't be the Dude. He was in the Big Lebowski. Sorry :-P

gravatar srah - July 15, 2005 - 3:27 PM -

That WASN'T Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You must have him confused with someone else. His name is Roger Murdock. He's the co-pilot.

I'm not The Dude. Just a dude.

gravatar Dively - July 15, 2005 - 4:52 PM -

I'm overwhelmingly humbled by the fact that Srah mooned me in her dream about crime fighting ex-basketball stars. I can die happy now.