The Aurora Borealis? Contained entirely within my freezer?

I have an irrational fear of the chest freezer in my basement and it's all because of stories like this.

It's not that I think that my family are all murderers and are hiding their victims in the basement freezer - it's the even more ridiculous fear that murderers are sneaking into my house in order to hide their victims in my freezer.

I've gotten a lot better in recent years, but I sometimes still inhale sharply when lifting the lid, bracing myself for what could be inside. Wouldn't it serve me right if one of these times I got all scared that there were bodies in there, when really it was something rewarding, like Fudgsicles or a gateway to Narnia?

srah - Monday, 25 July 2005 - 6:16 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Cheryl - July 26, 2005 - 8:21 AM -

I remember that fear. My mom was sometimes always afraid she'd drop my sister in the box freezer when my sister was a baby.

gravatar Sylvie - July 26, 2005 - 8:44 AM -

I like how that English guy got 2 years in prison for the murder and 3 for preventing burial. Guess that's a bigger offense.

gravatar Tony - July 26, 2005 - 9:04 AM -

Man, imagine all the room she took up and how much wild game he could have stored in the her place. Still might have been able to fit a 12 pack of fudgsciles in there though.

gravatar apete - July 26, 2005 - 10:06 AM -

Yeah, I have the same problem that Sylvie does. More time for preventing the burial, ugh. He should have gotten more than 5 years just for causing her death.

The other thing that I got the willies over was that he cut her up in 9 pieces. There is no way he needed to cut NINE times. It makes me think that he liked it, which is scarier.

gravatar katie - July 26, 2005 - 10:11 AM -

Sylvie and apete: my brother explained the sentencing to me. See, killing her was not intentional. His fault, but not intentional. Cutting up and hiding the body - now that was intentional. Hence the greater sentence.

And apete: technically, to cut her into 9 pieces, he would actually have only cut 8 times.

gravatar Sylvie - July 26, 2005 - 10:58 AM -

Uhh I am pretty sure that in the U.S. there would be a higher sentence for homicide - intended or not and no concern for "avoidance of burial." Actually, the lawyer I am working with just confirmed that.

On another note, I remember reading a multiple homicide - serial killer novel last year and not being able to leave my room. I would stand and look out of my peephole for minutes before running out to the shared bathroom and then it would take me 5 minutes before I could open the bathroom door and run back to my room!

gravatar chrisusa12345 - July 26, 2005 - 12:51 PM -

fudgecycles!

gravatar katie - July 26, 2005 - 11:34 PM -

Fudgecycles? Is this the new 21st century explative being used to replace "Poppycock!"?

Hehe...that's why my bro's a software salesman and not a lawyer.

gravatar Cheryl - July 27, 2005 - 8:54 AM -

Speaking of bathrooms, when I was little, I'd open the bathroom door before flushing the toilet because I was afraid of Mr. Boogedy and this way I could run out without any obstacles. (I only did this at my grandma's, she must have been prone to vacuum-cleaner ghosts).