Bleep bleep bloop

What kind of nerd am I? Here it is, May 23 and I haven't yet blogged about Star Wars Episode III. Well, I was having trouble organizing my thoughts into cohesive sentences, so instead I bring you some bullet points, hidden in the extended entry so as not to spoil things for those of you who ain't seen it yet.

srah - Monday, 23 May 2005 - 11:31 AM
Tags: , , ,

gravatar Greg - May 23, 2005 - 12:57 PM -

Qui-Gon does two things: he provides a parallel between TPM and ANH by showing the mentee losing his mentor (Kenobi/Qui-Gon and Kenobi/Luke). He also explains how some of the Jedi are able to cheat death and become glowing dudes.

gravatar srah - May 23, 2005 - 2:45 PM -

But Qui-Gon didn't disappear when he died, the way the other glowing dudes did. For that matter, neither did Anakin and he reappeared at the end of VI. Maybe there's no connection...

gravatar Greg - May 23, 2005 - 2:58 PM -

Qui-Gon was the first to discover the secret of Jedi immortality, yet he was unable to appear to Ben as Ben did to Luke. It seems likely that Yoda and Ben were able to improve on Qui-Gon's teachings, allowing for the vanishing act to become the standard. Now, as for how Anakin learned the trick, being a slave to the dark side for 20 years, I'm a bit stumped there...

gravatar Cari - May 23, 2005 - 3:25 PM -

I like your analysis of the movie and am too terrified by the notion of a tv series. At least Padme won't be in it and there won't be any of that awful romance at least we can hope they don't add in some love story.

gravatar J - May 23, 2005 - 5:04 PM -

I don't really see why it was necessary to have Ep. IV-VI characters in these when it was a stretch to do so (i.e., Chewbacca, the droids). Seemed too cutesy. At least we were spared somehow seeing the contrived birth of Han Solo somewhere.

gravatar lia - May 24, 2005 - 2:38 AM -

Trying to decide what I enjoyed more if the film itself or your review of it..About the acting and line delivery (and leaving out the quality of certain lines), Did you find Padme so much worse than Anakin? I have serious doubts.
I've heard about the TV series, I think at the moment George Lucas spends most of his time working out new ways to milk this cow

gravatar srah - May 24, 2005 - 8:18 AM -

Anakin was bad too, but I didn't find him offensive in the way I did Padmé

gravatar Court - May 24, 2005 - 3:05 PM -

Oh I'm so glad other people hate Padme too. Although I don't know if it was her character that it annoyed me or that I just can't stand Natalie Portman.

Anakin annoyed me too.