Reader Poll Monday Tuesday

I'm not a regular reader of Lasadh, but I liked the questions...

srah - Tuesday, 15 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

gravatar srah - March 15, 2005 - 7:19 PM -

In reference to shaking the box of kittens: I feel it is my duty to inform you all that in a fit of comedic genius, I referred to this as "rocking the cat-box."

(The shareef don't like it, you see.)

gravatar Not Your MOM - March 15, 2005 - 7:20 PM -

Did you ever think about expanding your horizons and vacationing in places like Sedona, AZ or Santa Fe, NM or Key West, FL? Or maybe drive up the coast of CA and visit all the missions? You don't have to go to a foreign country! That's a bit snobbish. :-)

gravatar srah - March 15, 2005 - 7:28 PM -

If I have to get in a plane, I might as well get a stamp in my passport for it!

gravatar Not Your MOM - March 15, 2005 - 7:36 PM -

But you don't have to fly! That's the beauty of traveling in your own country. You can go by car or train or bus! I have been to Germany three times and have yet to get a stamp in my passport. I feel cheated.

gravatar Smuj - March 15, 2005 - 7:47 PM -

It's cheaper, faster and less stressful to fly. (Unless you've got a big group of friends with you and you're in no particular hurry, in which case driving can be more fun.) I'll take the Amtrak to Chicago, but no further. If I have to choose between Grayhound and a kick to the crotch, I'll take the crotch-kick please.

gravatar Not Your MOM - March 16, 2005 - 8:28 AM -

I never said that traveling by bus or train was fun, I just said it was an option. I prefer to fly if it is over six hours away by car.

If you like rural settings a great place for a two week vacation would be New Zealand. They have it all, mountains, glaciers, plains, ocean, sheep and cities too. Don't forget all that scenery you saw in Lord of the Rings.

gravatar NeighborGuy - March 16, 2005 - 1:32 PM -

My cousin has been bumming around in Brazil for a few months. They are kicking him out of the country for a little while, since you are only allowed to stay for so long at a time. He'll be allowed back in, after he visits some other country first. So, apparently he is going to Peru.