Next entry:
Dream »

It's like sock hop, but it's not!

I love The Internet. I love that I can just shout things out into the void that people can read or not read and care about or not care about. And so, dear Internet, on that note I would like to share with you the fact that I bought the coolest pair of socks evar for ONE DOLLAR last week but they really have to be worn with a skirt and am hoping to have the opportunity to do so tomorrow, as the weather is supposed to be a) a few degrees above freezing and b) only partly cloudy. It's almost like freaking summer all up in this joint! Let us bask in the sun's warm glow!

(I really need spring to come already. Winter's grey, unending chill is making me crazy* AND severely limiting my wardrobe choices. I'm tiiiiiiiiired of trousers and sweaters!)

Oh Internet! Care or care not about the situation of my hosiery! It makes no difference to me! This is my space for inanities and drivel!

–––––
* Suuuure, blame winter!

srah - Wednesday, 16 March 2005 - 1:05 AM
Tags: , ,

gravatar jamelah - March 16, 2005 - 7:01 AM -

You know what I love about this post? That you directly follow the phrase "all up in this joint" with "let us bask", because, well, it made me chuckle.

gravatar srah - March 16, 2005 - 8:22 AM -

Oh good. I like the way you write, so if I can make you chuckle, it's like I'm giving a little back.

gravatar Not Your MOM - March 16, 2005 - 8:34 AM -

I too love my socks, but I normally go sockless in summer so I enjoy the cooler seasons despite no one being able to see my monkey socks or palm tree socks or penguin socks or my lovely polka dot or striped or argyle socks. :-(

gravatar srah - March 16, 2005 - 8:47 AM -

Hmmm, good point. I usually wear sandals in summer, unless I'm going to be in air-conditioning for a long period of time, in which case I wear long pants and sweaters. Stupid air conditioning!

I guess I'm hoping for spring, then - that nice in-between time where you can wear clothes from both the winter and summer collections. So much more variety!

gravatar Maine - March 16, 2005 - 9:48 AM -

This is why I propose the building of giant retractable plastic domes over cities.

Is it time for winter to end? Then guess what? Winter over.

gravatar srah - March 16, 2005 - 9:50 AM -

I see nothing wrong with this plan whatsoever.

gravatar Cheryl - March 16, 2005 - 11:40 AM -

1) I love the post title.

2) We can be crazy together.