Another meme

I was tagged! What's to be done?

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451 - which book do you want to be?
This is a strange question. What difference does it make, if they're all going to be burned? I guess Dante's Inferno, just for the sake of irony and because I've never read it.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Trillions. From books, Gilbert Blythe and Calvin O'Keefe come to mind.

3. The last book you bought is:
I bought some books as Christmas presents... but I never have time to read anymore. :( So it was probably my Psych textbook. Ugh.

4. The last book you read:
Like a real book that you read for fun? I think it was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which I reread over Christmas break.

5. What are you currently reading?
*cries* Don't rub it in, meme!

6. Five books you would take to a deserted island:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy bound into one volume, because it's cheating and that would give me a lot to read and by the time I got to the end I would have forgotten everything from the beginning so I could start over again.
  2. Can I bind a few other series into one volume? No? Well then if I have to pick one Anne of Green Gables book, I'll take Anne of the Island.
  3. One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night, by Christopher Brookmyre
  4. Some kind of guide to surviving on a deserted island
  5. A book of crossword puzzles

7. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Noor, because she sent me an email forward so she needs to pay. J because he's all about teh blogging these days. Nick Baker because I wish I was at his party instead of spewing snot everywhere. And anyone reading this who doesn't have a blog can answer it in the blahblahs.

[via Cybervassals]

srah - Friday, 25 March 2005 - 9:47 PM
Tags: , , , , ,

gravatar Not Your MOM - March 25, 2005 - 10:21 PM -

1. Really stupid question, not worth an answer.
2. No
3. Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke
4. Once Bitten by Laurien Berenson
5. Just finished Once Bitten tonight and haven't started another book yet. Probably will start the newest Dirk Pitt novel by Clive Cussler.
6. Swiss Family Robinson, my all time favorite
Foundation Trilogy
The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
Ender's War by Orson Scott Card
The Awakeners by Sheri S. Tepper

gravatar Cari - March 26, 2005 - 1:39 AM -

In reference to question one, I bought that book and started it last summer prior to beginning SI and just after getting my cat. I thought that it would be a good idea to read the book after which my cat is named. I think I've only read about one of the circles of Hell or something.

gravatar J - March 26, 2005 - 10:11 AM -

Tagged?! Bah, yarg, bleh. Yet I will complete your meme (later, in LJ land, when I'm good and ready) because doing otherwise would be poor etiquette.

I do think you might be misunderstanding question one. You don't choose which book to be only to be immediately tossed upon the book-burning pile. Remember at the end of the novel when Guy met the group of outcasts? They all memorized one book so that they could preserve it and pass it on to others. They eventually identified themselves as that book. So, you pick which book you'd memorize (or which you'd "become").

Universe knows what's up with all teh blogging these days. I don't even know who I am anymore.

gravatar srah - March 26, 2005 - 10:13 AM -

Oh. I haven't read it in years! I'm having trouble picking between a history book and Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs.

gravatar Not Your MOM - March 26, 2005 - 10:33 AM -

Oh, that makes more sense (re # 1). I never read F 451 as it was too painful. I would be The Doctor's Book of Home Remedies. :-)

gravatar srah - March 26, 2005 - 10:35 AM -

Could I be Fahrenheit 451? Aieee, confusion and recursion!

gravatar sarah - March 27, 2005 - 9:00 PM -

Hey, there's a lot of stuff to comment on, but Gilbert Blythe... damn he's hot!! I had 8 year old fantasies about us strolling through green gables. you are so cool!

gravatar Nick Baker - March 27, 2005 - 10:38 PM -

2. I had a crush on Ann Margaret circa 1963. I guess she's not fictional, but just as unattainable anyway.