Previous entry:
« I'm a-ight

'You've been crying for 60 miles!'

The greatest comic genius of our time has passed away, leaving behind his wife and two children under ten.

WHY? Why do the good have to die so young?

I only wish that I had blogged more about him when he was alive, so that he might Google himself and know that he was loved...

srah - Wednesday, 19 May 2004 - 8:55 AM

gravatar katie - May 19, 2004 - 12:14 PM -

His wife, Heather Harlan Randall who had made him a father for the first time at age 77 was by his side.

I hope they mean when HE was 77, not her!

That would be a great sentence to use on the SATs in the grammar section.

gravatar alfie - May 19, 2004 - 12:20 PM -

They did. She's in her thirties.

gravatar Jez - May 19, 2004 - 2:07 PM -

Reading his obituary, I was trying to work out which character he was in "The Odd Couple". It took me while to realise they were talking about the TV series rather than the original film. Can't imagine anyone being as good as Jack Lemmon as Felix Ungar, though (I haven't seen the TV series, but the film is one of my all time favourites). RIP though, even if I've never heard of him. Still, he wasn't badly off, was he? An 84 year old codger with a 30 year old wife.

gravatar Urs - May 19, 2004 - 3:06 PM -

normally, that is what I would call "creepy" and I'm not so sure that this isn't a normal occasion, though they did have kids....

in any case, I wish that other people could blog at work, it would make my life so much more entertaining

gravatar jamelah - May 19, 2004 - 3:46 PM -

yeah, man... people mention the odd couple a lot, but anybody who knows anything will realize that tony randall made those doris day/rock hundson movies sparkle. seriously... what would "pillow talk" have been without him? huh?

i ask you.

gravatar alfie - May 19, 2004 - 5:11 PM -

It would have sucked. He was the best part of all three of the Tony Randall-Rock Hudson-Doris Day movies.

gravatar Pauly D - May 20, 2004 - 1:38 PM -

Aaah, Tony Randall. All his appearances on Conan over the years were awesome!