Misattribution

Invent a memory of me and post it in the comments. It can be anything you want, so long as it's something that's never happened. Then, if you're so inclined, post this to your journal and see what people would like to remember of you, only the universe failed to cooperate in making it happen so they had to make it up instead.

[via threegoldfish]

srah - Tuesday, 27 April 2004 - 9:58 PM

gravatar david - April 27, 2004 - 11:27 PM -

Remember that time that you, me, and a bunch of other kids from school skipped class, went to the beach, and we all buried you up to your neck in the sand? You were SO MAD -- for all of two minutes!

gravatar srah - April 28, 2004 - 6:59 AM -

:D

gravatar Jez - April 28, 2004 - 8:28 AM -

Remember the time we joined a pirate crew and made Katie walk the gangplank? Oh, happy days!

gravatar Jez - April 28, 2004 - 8:29 AM -

Except the right term is "walk the plank", not "walk the gangplank". Dammit.

gravatar katie - April 28, 2004 - 8:31 AM -

Remember that one time, at band camp...

Ok, nevermind.

PS - I mis-read the title of this post and thought it said something naughty.

gravatar katie - April 28, 2004 - 8:33 AM -

Remember that time we tied Jez up, blindfolded him, poured honey all over him, promised to lick it off, and then left the room and went and watched Three's Company?

Oh, and remember how we filled the room with gnats before we left?

gravatar srah - April 28, 2004 - 8:54 AM -

Hee hee hee hee hee.

gravatar Smuj - April 28, 2004 - 9:46 AM -

I misread the title, too. I'm guessing I saw the same thing you did. I wasn't going to say anything, though. Didn't want to reveal how my mind works.

gravatar srah - April 28, 2004 - 9:52 AM -

Well, at least I got your attention!

gravatar Smuj - April 28, 2004 - 11:46 AM -

Was anyone else always uncomfortable reading the word "organism" out loud in biology class?

gravatar richard - April 28, 2004 - 11:48 AM -

I also thought at first glance that you were saying something naughty, which makes Katie's "band camp" comment even funnier.

Anyway, I remember this time that Srah and I were walking on a path through the woods, and when we saw a couple of police officers, we high-tailed it into the woods and tried to lose them, even though we hadn't done anything wrong. I don't think they even saw us, but it was fun pretending to be "on the run"

gravatar katie - April 28, 2004 - 11:51 AM -

Remember that time that I told you I had totally been warped into Star Wars and was totally a real Jedi and you totally didn't believe me and I was totally telling you the truth, and it totally pissed me off so I totally bailed on you and did I mention that we were totally stoned?

gravatar MikeH - April 28, 2004 - 3:35 PM -

Oh remember that time I ran into around campus and I said "boy this Michigan weather sure is always predictable nice out"?

gravatar Cheryl - April 29, 2004 - 11:56 AM -

Dude, I could totally make something up. I'll get back to you on that.

gravatar Dewey Decimation - April 30, 2004 - 6:55 AM -

remember that time we mutually misattributed each other in the stacks?

gravatar katie - April 30, 2004 - 8:02 AM -

Hahahahahahaha!!!

gravatar Smuj - April 30, 2004 - 8:21 AM -

Hooray!!!

gravatar John - April 30, 2004 - 12:21 PM -

Remember that time I came to guest lecture to your Medieval Japanese History class and I thought that you were making eyes at me, but it turned out that you were just trying to decide if the birthmark on my forehead looked more like Albania or North Vietnam?

gravatar Michael - May 1, 2004 - 1:01 AM -

Remember that time we kinda ran into each other in Paris? I was there stalking my then-boyfriend who was cheating on me with this Parisian fellow...oh, this makes me sad. Anyway, you helped me through it. You told me that he was no good for me anyway, you did. We laughed, we cried. We drank lots of red wine. Merci mille fois. Tu m'as bien aidé. Je me souviendrai de toi pour toujours.