Life is skittles and life is beer

It's already been warmer this season. It's been sunnier. And yet something about this day makes me feel like Spring is here.

It makes me want to turn my face upwards and bask in the sunshine. It makes me want to roll down the windows and turn up the music. It makes me want to dance energetically around the house to Oliver and The Looking Glass. It makes me want to be active. It makes me want to jog somewhere - just run and run and run--

For about five feet, until I collapse, gasping on the sidewalk. Who am I kidding?

srah - Monday, 5 April 2004 - 6:53 PM

gravatar Urs - April 5, 2004 - 8:25 PM -

and then you'll get a charlie horse in your foot - your FOOT!

now, I'll introduce the Urstodian. The reason that it feels like spring is because of day-light savings time. I forget if we are in it right now or not, but moving the clok ahead means that it is light out later in the day, making it seem more like spring/summer

gravatar Urs - April 5, 2004 - 8:26 PM -

clock*

gravatar katie - April 6, 2004 - 8:05 AM -

I like the fact that soon I won't be an icicle. AND that soon all the students will be gone, leaving me in peeeeeeeeeeace. And I can read books on the grass.*

*Not books about grass. I can be on the grass while reading books.**

**Not ON grass. Sitting on the lawn.

gravatar lisa - April 6, 2004 - 11:16 AM -

I marvel at the look of pain that is always present on runners' faces. Ever see one smiling? Laughing? Um, no. They look at if they are dying with every step. Why would you want to do that? It's a secular version of self-flagellation.

gravatar Urs - April 6, 2004 - 2:40 PM -

but you feel so good when you are done - except for the possibilities of charlie horses on your foot

gravatar Tay - April 6, 2004 - 5:51 PM -

Just got your Winter Burn It cd yesterday :) Can't wait to hear it. I sent yours, and the rest of the ladies out today. (Sorry so damn late!)

gravatar alfie - April 6, 2004 - 8:31 PM -

Thank YOU for your Tom Lehrer reference!