Previous entry:
« Is it Friday yet?

Ze sird dekhree

Have you ever wished someone didn't link to your site? Have you ever linked to another site and wondered if they were looking down on you for linking to them? Have you ever been linked to and felt guilty for not linking back? Have you ever been hurt when you linked to someone and they didn't link back? Are you afraid to comment on certain blogs because you feel they're so far above you? Do you think you're above other blogs? Who was the first site to link to you? How did it make you feel? Und now tell uz about your relazionship viz your fazzer.

srah - Tuesday, 19 August 2003 - 8:02 PM

gravatar Justin - August 19, 2003 - 9:23 PM -

I think that YOUR'S was the first site to link to mine. And probably still the only one.

But have no fear, for soon I shall have a URL and then, I CONQUER THE INTERNET!

gravatar Somewhat - August 19, 2003 - 11:52 PM -

Yes, and I told them to take the link off. No, even the "a-list" need links. Yes, but their site had a javascript error every time and I couldn't bear it. No, linking's voluntary. No, if I feel like that about them, I'm not likely to be reading them. You've got to be kidding. Hmm...can't remember. Over the MOON! He vud not underztand ze blogging, zat iz for zure.

gravatar rockinronnie - August 20, 2003 - 1:34 AM -

No, there's no such thing as bad advertising, and I'd take it as a compliment.
Yes, but I got over it and realised most people take it as a compliment.
Once, but I got over that too.
No, I'm a big boy, my ego doesn't bruise easily.
No, I've never been afraid to speak my mind.
Absolutely not, everyone is taking a risk in a way, by expressing themselves...to me that makes us all equal.
Not sure, either BobtheCorgi aka the Soup Lady, or Strokes of Genius....it validated me, well ok, it made me feel good.
My father was a sperm donor, you may have caught us on Oprah?.

gravatar Jez - August 20, 2003 - 6:35 AM -

1) No. Not sure how that would work, unless the Evil Satanists' Society put me down as link of the month or something.
2) No. I thought everyone was into that linky lurve.
3) As far as I'm aware, I already link to everyone who links to me, apart from a Swedish weblog and a German one. I don't understand Swedish or German, so there's not much point in linking to them.
4) No. It's up to them if they like my blog or not...sniff...
5) No. On some blogs, I would like to register my presence with a comment or two, if only out of courtesy and not be a dreaded lurker, but their content doesn't invite feedback, if you see what I mean. It's certainly possible to find a blog interesting without necessarily having anything relevant to or sparklingly witty in the comments.
6) Well, I type my blogposts in my apartment on the fifth floor....oh, I see what you mean. No.
7)Gosh. I don't know. It may have been snowgoon.co.uk, or alexmcchesney.com, or possibly the now defunct blog of the person running the British Blogs webring.
8) I was delighted and surprised. But after a few months of people linking to me, I got used to it.
9) Ich bin der son of mein fazzer. Zat ist our relationschip.

gravatar Mr. Hibbity Gibbity - August 20, 2003 - 7:25 AM -

1. Yes.
2. No . . . well . . . kind of.
3. Nope. Some people just suck. Hehe.
4. All the time . . . *whimper*
5. Not usually, mortals!
6. Absolutely. >:)
7. Well, considering my friend is hosting me on his site . . . I guess I can't really answer that question. One day I'll have my own blog . . . i.e. 'HibbityGibbity.com - All the Hib that's fit to Gib!'
8. (see above)
9. Vas ist das? Das ist eine boobie . . . no . . . wait . . .

gravatar katie - August 20, 2003 - 12:05 PM -

Once or twice I've wished that someone wouldn't link to me, and a number of times I've found out that I had lurking readers who I didn't really want around. Never wondered about being unwanted. Well, some people have tried to make me feel guilty for not linking to them, or for removing a link, but it's my site and I can do what I want. No, I was never hurt when someone didn't link back, although I do get very excited when someone who's blog I like ends up linking to me! Sometimes I won't comment because, although I like the read, I don't really mix with the crowd of other commenters, so I don't want to get into an argument. Yes, I am above all other blogs - in fact, my blog is so mighty that it is even above itself. I don't remember who first linked to me, but I generally care less about the links and more about actual habitual readers.

My fazzer ees my vurst enemee und my best friend. Zeriouzly.

gravatar patricia - August 23, 2003 - 2:00 PM -

1. no
2. no
3. yes, which is why in the beginning i was doing a lot of recriprocal linking but quite honestly that got a little confusing, so i cut that out a while ago. i still sort of feel a little bad about it, but hell, it's not as if everyone i link to links back and i deal so whatever.
4. depends on my moood. sometimes yes, sometimes i don't really give a damn.
5. i visit a lot of technical blogs where the writing is so beyond me that i'm a little hesitand at first to comment. but once i have a feel for the site i put my two cents in.
6. no
7. i have no idea
8. good i suppose. happy that someone would consider my writing good/interesting enough to want to keep coming back to.
9. "papa, can you hear me? papa, can you see me?" ce n'est pas une pipe or something equally as nerdy.

funnily enough i was just discussing these types of questions with a fellow blogger. must be something in the blogmosphere.