Previous entry:
« Self-Advertising

Note to self

Your blog looks like crap on a Mac.

Which is different from crap on a stick, of course, because a Mac is not a stick. I know this because it is hard to program a stick to do anything, whereas with a Mac, I have just not tried.

Does that mean I tried to program a stick? Why did I do that? Why am I still typing? Will a dog fetch a Mac?

srah - Thursday, 10 July 2003 - 10:25 AM

gravatar pseudo haiku richard - July 10, 2003 - 11:07 AM -

I'm a big mac fan
I don't like the computer
I like the sandwich

gravatar katie - July 10, 2003 - 11:20 AM -

LOL!

It looks like crap on a Mac because Macs are crap, therefore anything on them looks like crap.

(But don't tell the Mac users at my office that I said that.)

gravatar srah - July 10, 2003 - 11:28 AM -

TPTIBLOT is Mac-based. But I forgive them, for they are artistic-types. The artistic-types likes them Macs.

gravatar katie - July 10, 2003 - 1:29 PM -

My sister-in-law is an artist and a Mac-lover. Sigh. It's infecting the family...

gravatar Josh Crockett - July 10, 2003 - 1:48 PM -

Macs aren't evil. They're just misunderstood.

Well, except for pre-OS X Macs. They are evil. OS X Macs, though, are darn cool, especially if you do any Web programming work. I'm kicking around moving my blog to Movable Type, and if I can get MT behaving nicely on the integrated Apache server on my iBook, that'll be a strong incentive to go all the way with it on BTN.

There's just nothing like having a laptop with Apache and MySQL, running UNIX-natively on a professional, refined desktop OS. (Sorry, Linux kids, but for desktop work, Linux just sucks.)

gravatar srah - July 10, 2003 - 2:14 PM -

Yes. That.

How am I going to be a self-respecting computer-nerd if I don't know what he just said? Will they teach me how to be a nerd in grad school? I hope so.

gravatar katie - July 10, 2003 - 4:48 PM -

Whenever I'm sick of being asked questions at work, I make up stuff like that. I think it's more of a language (like Klingon) than an actual collection of knowledge.

gravatar Erica - July 11, 2003 - 12:02 AM -

if I can get MT behaving nicely on the integrated Apache server on my iBook

That's what I do. It's nice.

Srah, I thought about telling you that it looked a little off, but I figured 1) you didn't really care much, and 2) it might be unique to Safari, and 3) Mac users are a small portion of the general population, so I didn't bother.

gravatar srah - July 11, 2003 - 12:36 AM -

I ought to care. The jury's still out on whether I do. I'm going to try to learn some CSS once I actually crack open the book I checked out. Then maybe I can understand why my blog does the cracked-out things it does. I suppose it's still legible, and that's what's most important for now.