Die, Real World, Die

I don't even want to waste cyberspace by telling you what an unbelievable freak of nature Adam is. I'm surprised nature hasn't eliminated him yet. I'm glad this show is only 30 minutes long because I might have had an aneurysm if it had lasted any longer.

Also, watching the stupid stupids try to work together for their fakety fake-ass job, I realized that think I might hate group work, due to intense misanthropy. Robin and Cheryl tell me that U-M students do this sort of thing rather often, and it occurs to me that I haven't really done any since high school. Uh-oh.

srah - Wednesday, 16 July 2003 - 12:17 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar Amy - July 16, 2003 - 8:08 AM -

One of the "skills" you will acquire as a UM grad student at SI is to quickly assess another person and their ability to bring something to the table in a group situation. You will also learn whom in your class you will definitely NOT be able to work with under any circumstances and rapidly respond "No, I think we have 5 in our group already" even though obviously only three people are sitting at your table. 'Tis easier to divide the work amongst those capable and willing in a smaller group, than to marytr yourself with an incompatible group member.

gravatar lee - July 16, 2003 - 10:25 AM -

I've been watching this terrible, horrible show for the last week and I can't stop. I am a little sad I won't be there next week. For one thing, Brice is so cool to them and their job is so easy, I just can't understand why they are all stressing over it so much. For another, Adam really is a freak - I don't even know how he landed that Talaya (or whatever) girl in the first place. She seemed totally cool and fun and pretty and normal. What the hell was she doing with Adam? I wish he would stop making faces when he dances at the club. They are very creepy.

gravatar srah - July 16, 2003 - 10:31 AM -

I think she wants to be on TV.

gravatar Dan Cock - July 16, 2003 - 12:05 PM -

I definitely don't get why they don't show clip after clip of Adam getting rejected, 'cause seriously. Apparently all he does is walk around Paris hitting on girls in English. He should at least be forced to make a fool of himself in the native language.

People definitely feign interest in RW cast members just to get on the show. As I recall, the singer of the band Midtown led a girl on for over a month just so he could land himself on camera back and turn her down during the back to NY season.

gravatar Erica - July 16, 2003 - 2:52 PM -

We even had groups for math. Math!

gravatar srah - July 16, 2003 - 5:56 PM -

And as far as I can tell, he only hits on AMERICANS. He could at least have a "cultural experience", if ya know what I mean - wink wink nudge nudge.

AAAAAH! I was having a conversation with SI graduates today and what came up? GROUP WORK! It haunts me! It haunts me!