Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of bein' a king?

Ever since I decided again that I want to write a novel, I've been coming up with ideas that sound so brilliant and innovating, I have to write them down. The problem is that when I walk away from them and come back a few hours later, I realize that they are the stupidest ideas anyone on the face of the Earth has ever imagined.

Who the hell (besides Robin) wants to read a novel based on The Complete Works of Neil Diamond???

I think my dream will soon be abandoned again, only to resurface once more in a few years.

srah - Tuesday, 15 July 2003 - 12:55 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar katie - July 15, 2003 - 1:18 PM -

Don't get discouraged. Think about all the great stories, and how truly stupid their premises really are.

Dracula - old guy lives forever and can turn into a bat, drinks blood and lives in a box

Gulliver's Travels - guy can't be bothered to settled down at home with wife and family, so leaves home. meets little people, then big people, then talking horses.

Star Wars - whiney farm kid uses some mystical force to save his whiney sister and his (as it turns out) particularly whiney father. All that accompanied by an overgrown dog and his trainer.

Wuthering Heights - bitching and moaning about wah wah wah.

See? If you're writing is half as pathetic as all of that, you'll fit right in with the classics!

gravatar srah - July 15, 2003 - 11:32 PM -

Actually, I kind of feel that way about Wuthering Heights anyway.

gravatar Matt - July 16, 2003 - 8:03 AM -

If you WERE to write a a novel based on The Complete Works of Neil Diamond... I'm sure it'd be some cracklin' prose.

gravatar srah - July 16, 2003 - 10:28 AM -

rofl! i am a sucker for a neil diamond pun any day.

gravatar katie - July 16, 2003 - 10:37 AM -

Wuthering Heights is my favorite book in the whole wide world. Even though it's all wah wah wah.