doing my homework

Srah has given me a blogging assignment, so here goes:

1. the last non-Stargate thing I watched on TV

This leads me to suspect that srah thinks I blog too much about Stargate, SG-1, which is my favorite tv show, and whose character Dr. Daniel Jackson I hold near and dear to my heart. Therefore, this is the one and only time I will post anything about it here at srah blah blah.

The last tv show I watched was, in fact, Stargate. But before that I was watching the Simpsons and M*A*S*H. I am also highly partial to While You Were Out.

2. the last CD I listened to

That would have to be Pascal Obispo's Plus Que Tout Au Monde. For those who don't know, Pascal is my favorite contemporary artist. If anyone reading this happens to live in France and want to make me most happy, please buy me the piano sheet music to La Mme Langue and Ce Qu'on Voit Alle Rimbaud.

3. the last movie I saw in the theatre

That would be X2. I loved it. I loved the first one too, and the sequel was soooo much better. So you can imagine how much I loved it. Nightcrawler is very, very cool.

That was, however, not the last movie I actually saw, only the last in the theatre. More recently, I rented Catch Me If You Can and Minority Report, which I really liked and didn't like that much, respectively.

Next assignment, please.

katie - Wednesday, 11 June 2003 - 1:13 PM

gravatar srah - June 11, 2003 - 1:16 PM -

It's not that you talk too much about Stargate, but that I don't know anything about Stargate and have only watched it dubbed into French, and that I knew Stargate was going to be your answer if I left you up to your own devices.

Next assignment: The pros and cons and things to see and things to avoid for Paris and Poitiers.

gravatar katie - June 11, 2003 - 1:20 PM -

They make Stargate dubbed in French??? This I must see! *pant pant*

All this blogging at work seems to have the effect of decreasing the amount of actual work getting done. Assignment #2 will have to wait 'til later.

gravatar katie - June 11, 2003 - 1:22 PM -

And oh, by the way, you-who-thinks-it's-evil-to-have-links-open-in-new-windows...

I'll have you notice that while guesting on your blog, I am targeting my links right here, just for you. ;)

gravatar srah - June 11, 2003 - 1:23 PM -

You can have your links point wherever you want.

gravatar katie - June 11, 2003 - 1:33 PM -

:) I'll stick with your trend... that way visitors won't find the site behaving in ways they're not used to.

Wow, that's the most sensible thing I've said to anyone all day.

gravatar alfie - June 11, 2003 - 1:59 PM -

I saw Stargate (the movie) in 7th grade. I think we were studying Ancient Egypt and our teacher decided to show us Stargate. I liked what I could understand and hear from my seat at the back of the room. What happened to teachers who let the blind kids sit at the front?

For some reason, most of what I remember of seventh grade is math or movies and Jeopardy in my Geography and History classes. Obviously, middle school made a great impact on me.

gravatar srah - June 11, 2003 - 2:08 PM -

Middle school is just a filler.

gravatar alfie - June 11, 2003 - 4:54 PM -

True. An evil filler.

gravatar Erica - June 13, 2003 - 12:29 AM -

I just watched Secretary, and all I could think of was that this is so not the same James Spader as from Stargate.

gravatar katie - June 13, 2003 - 7:21 AM -

I felt that way when I watched Sex, Lies and Videotape. Which, despite its themes, is actually a very good film. Analyzing the soul and all that. But that was noooo Dr. Jackson.

Maybe it was. Maybe Dr. Jackson watches videos in his spare time. They don't show that part on the show.

gravatar srah - June 13, 2003 - 8:45 AM -

I HATE ANDIE MACDOWELL!!!!!!

gravatar katie - June 13, 2003 - 8:51 AM -