Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo... doo doo doo doo DOO dah-dah-dah-dah-dah doo doo doo doo doo doo doo... DAH dah dah dah dah... dah.. dah (bum bum)

It is my birthday month, and all I want for my birthday is my two front teeth Jeopardy! questions. All of you out there are knowledgeable about subjects that I am not (military history, astronomy, fly fishing, NASCAR, Canada, chickens, classic literature, religion, presidential trivia, Native American history, sports, Germany and, well, just about ANYTHING, really). So if you could send me factoids or questions-in-the-form-of-an-answer, I would appreciate it! You can all contribute to my Jeopardy! studying and maybe you can all be part of my Fascinating Introduction Story if I make it on the show.

I will accept factoids and questions-in-the-form-of-an-answer via:

• blog comments
  • tweets
  • flashcards sent via snail mail
  • flashcards handed to me in person
  • scribblings in a birthday card
  • letters cut out of magazines and pasted together, ransom-note style
  • engravings on stone tablets
  • pretty much anything else you can think of

I have a fascinating/terrifying prize to send through the mail to the person whose factoid/question-answer amuses or fascinates me most.

Thank you and happy birthday to me!

srah - Monday, 3 August 2009 - 5:51 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Elisabeth - August 4, 2009 - 12:55 AM -

Charles Dawes, Coolidge's VP, wrote a hit song.

Wilson was the only historian to become president, with a PHd in history and political science.

Mary Surratt was the first woman executed by the federal government.

Nixon and his family were the first to ride the Disney World monorail.

Warren G. Harding had the largest shoe size of any president (14).

Oswald acted alone.

The mako is the fastest shark (thank you shark week). It swims 30-32 mph, which the TV said is fast for swimming underwater.

Mickey Mantle hit the farthest home run.

Praia do Cassino in Brazil is the world's longest beach.

Pablo Picasso's full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Clito Ruiz y Picasso.

Mark Felt was Deep Throat.

Moose milk cheese from Sweden is the most expensive type of cheese in the world. Three moose on one farm produce it. And apparently it's not very good.

Hoover spoke Chinese and Latin and translated a book on geology from Latin to English with his wife, who later invented girl scout cookie sales.

Bush Sr. was the first to officially issue a presidential pardon to a turkey.

gravatar srah - August 4, 2009 - 7:26 AM -

Thanks! Onlies and firsts are especially important to know, and those are the ones that are all out of date in my Jeopardy! books!

gravatar Cheryl - August 4, 2009 - 8:22 AM -

I accept your challenge.

gravatar Amy - August 5, 2009 - 2:15 PM -

This fiber, the under-belly wool of the Arctic Musk-ox, is the most expensive in the world, sometimes costing as much as $98 per ounce - Quiviut

gravatar srah - August 5, 2009 - 2:17 PM -

Wow. I NEVER would have known that!

gravatar Amy - August 5, 2009 - 2:25 PM -

This capital of this state is the only one with one syllable - [South Dakota - Pierre (pronounced pier).]

gravatar srah - August 5, 2009 - 2:33 PM -

This is the only US state capital without a McDonalds.

¿ɹǝı1ǝdʇuoɯ sı ʇɐɥʍ

gravatar Elisabeth - August 5, 2009 - 6:52 PM -

Armenia was the first place to have Christianity declared as its official religion, by King Drtad (or Dr. Tad) in 301 AD.

Eisenhower was a Jehovah's witness (the only president) for about five years.

Hoover and Nixon were Quakers.

http://www.religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm and http://www.adherents.com are good sources of religious trivia, like if you want to know the religions of Canadian PMs (http://www.adherents.com/gov/adh_pm.html).

gravatar alfie - August 7, 2009 - 5:59 PM -

military history - Rod
astronomy - my roommate
fly fishing - Rod
NASCAR - Diane
chickens - our new city councilman
presidential trivia - me or Elisabeth
sports - ne or Dad, as long as its a sport we're interested in (go elsewhere for golf)
Germany - Marie, provided it is the history of Germany (or specifically Bavaria), during the period that she has been paying attention
Greek mythology - me

gravatar srah - August 7, 2009 - 6:14 PM -

Okay, get those people on the case! They are not all the people I had in mind, but they'll do! (Your city councilman is into chickens?)

gravatar alfie - August 9, 2009 - 10:15 PM -

Our city councilman is the reason it is legal to raise chickens within the city limits. Argh. As if babysitting those two kids and their stupid chickens wasn't bad enough.

gravatar srah - August 9, 2009 - 10:16 PM -

I don't know what you're talking about!

gravatar Craig - August 22, 2009 - 4:56 PM -

Cool, I have larger feet than any president.

gravatar Jason - August 27, 2009 - 11:57 PM -

The word "Yucatan" actually means "we do not understand your words" in Mayan.

Andrew Jackson is the only U.S. president to defy the Supreme Court.

For 19 months from 1969-71 a group of militant Native Americans occupied Alcatraz Island.

Cookies are awesome.