Next entry:
Picture post! »

Before the cream sits out too long/ You must whip it

nablopomo2008color.jpgEvery once in a while, a topic comes up that I am surprised I've never blogged about, because I have some long-held and violently strong emotion one way or another. Micah and I were having a conversation that went like this:

@srah: I just remembered that when Thanksgiving happens, I get pumpkin pie! Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet?
@jmblya: What's stopping you from buying a pie from the store now? Or making your own? You should never deny yourself pumpkin-based foods.
@srah: No, pumpkin pie is more about anticipation than actually obtaining it. And more about whipped cream than pumpkin pie.
@jmblya: I could see that. But why not just get a tub of Cool Whip & a spoon & chow down?
@srah: That's disgusting. I said whipped cream, not Filth of Satan.
@jmblya: Understood. Good thing I didn't cite Redi-Whip.
@srah: Reddi-Whip is whipped cream. It's made out of cream. Cool Whip is made out of used car oil and demons' souls.

I hate it when I order something with whipped cream and it turns out to be covered in the epitome of nast instead, as though Cool Whip were some sort of adequate substitute for whipped cream. It's especially disappointing because whipped cream is one of the most wonderful foods in the world, and Cool Whip is less a food and more like pure fluffy evil that people use to ruin your food.

srah - Saturday, 8 November 2008 - 11:14 PM
Tags: , , , ,

gravatar Aunt Pam - November 9, 2008 - 9:09 AM -

Too easy Devo "whip it"

gravatar Micah - November 9, 2008 - 10:54 AM -

See, I tolerate both Cool Whip and Reddi-whip, but the latter just tastes plasticy. I only consume it out of convenience and a need for sweetness when I'm low carbing.

My aunt is a super cook (hell, she *majored* in home ec back in college) and makes the best whip cream. Store bought toppings pale in comparison.

gravatar moe - November 9, 2008 - 11:03 AM -

At KFC, the "butter and honey for your biscuit" is really margerine and corn syrup,and they act like they don't know what on earth you mean if you whine about it.

gravatar srah - November 9, 2008 - 1:45 PM -

@jmblya - Reddi-Whip tastes plasticky to you and Cool hWip doesn't?

@moe - Yuck! Fake food!

gravatar Fraulein N - November 9, 2008 - 4:19 PM -

That's hilarious. I had no idea there were people who actually felt strongly about this. I thought they just made it up for that Reddi-Whip commercial. "Oil, or cream?"

gravatar srah - November 9, 2008 - 4:27 PM -

The WORST is when you're at someone's house, trying to impress their parents and someone asks if you want whipped cream so you say yes, and then it turns out to be Cool Whip and you have to figure out whether to eat around it or try to forge through the nast.