I'm not what you'd call a zombie connoisseur

Jennie! and Heather Anne have already done this and I thought I would take a crack:

You are in a mall when the zombies attack. You have:
  1. One weapon.
  2. One song blasting on the speakers.
  3. One famous person to fight alongside you.

Weapon can be real or fictional; you may assume endless ammo if applicable. Person can be real or fictional.

1. Weapon: Super-deadly zombie head-exploding gas, which has no effect on living humans. It is very potent and spreads with the wind. We have an endless supply of canisters of this gas, which will kill the zombies before they even get anywhere near us. I do not want to see any zombies!
  2. Song: Yakety Sax. And I hope that the zombie head-exploding gas makes the zombies lumber at high speed before they explode, just to make the music worth it.
  3. Ryan Reynolds, and by "fight alongside you" I think you mean "make wisecracks AND out with you while the zombie head-exploding gas does all the zombie-killing." I'm pretty sure that's what you meant.

Wait. Why did I just create a fantasy world where Ryan Reynolds and I are making out to the tune of Yakety Sax? Why does my brain do that?

srah - Wednesday, 25 June 2008 - 12:57 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar Cheryl - June 25, 2008 - 1:32 PM -

I heart Ryan Reynolds. I watched a large chunk of Just Friends (which is NOT good and costars both Amy Smart and Chris Kline, who I do not like) just because he is in it.

gravatar kat - June 25, 2008 - 1:39 PM -

i would make out with ryan reynolds no matter what song is playing in the background.

gravatar srah - June 25, 2008 - 1:39 PM -

I watched Van Wilder because it has Ryan Reynolds and Kal Penn. Ryan Reynolds was the only thing that made that movie worthwhile. Kal Penn made me sad.

gravatar Pants - June 25, 2008 - 1:49 PM -

I like how your brain works.

gravatar Jess - June 25, 2008 - 1:59 PM -

Wow. This is amazing. I don't think I could ever even THINK of an answer to these questions.

gravatar nico - June 25, 2008 - 2:06 PM -

all i can do is 'lol' at this, i have not much to say but i just needed to comment to let you know this was awesome.

gravatar Reid - June 25, 2008 - 4:43 PM -

Weapon: Mega Man Cannon. Only 100 shots, but the weapon handily respawns whenever you return to the safety of the mall security room.

Song: Louis Armstrong singing A Kiss to Build a Dream On. What better song can there be for facing the zombie apocalypse (or really any sort of apocalypse)?

Famous Person: Who wouldn't want to fight zombies side by side with Sherlock Holmes? Well, assuming there are other survivors so he's not constantly belittling my feeble intellect.

gravatar Angela - June 25, 2008 - 5:42 PM -

Weapon: That thing that Javier Bardem carried in "No Country for Old Men" was pretty hard core...

Song: "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen (because they killed zombies to it so effectively in "Shaun of the Dead")

Person: I considered Harry Potter, but I settled on River Tam from the television show "Firefly" and the movie "Serenity". No force in the 'verse can stop her!

gravatar Elisabeth - June 25, 2008 - 7:09 PM -

I actually have no idea who Ryan Reynolds is, and I know a lot of celebrities. What movies have I been missing?

Weapon: Hands down, a lightsaber.
Song: Something by Journery, because I am lame.
Person: Jason Bateman or Ryan Mackenzie

gravatar Elisabeth - June 25, 2008 - 7:10 PM -

Or Journey, rather.

gravatar srah - June 25, 2008 - 9:15 PM -

He's delightful and charming and (sadly) engaged to Scarlett Johansson and doesn't make the greatest choices in movies or TV shows, but he is always the greatest person in every show he's in. I didn't like Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place, but I wanted Berg to have his own show where he escaped all the other people.

Also, he was on Canadian children's show The Odyssey, where he had weird teeth. Anyone remember The Odyssey? Just me then. I loved The Odyssey.

I still haven't seen Definitely, Maybe. From what I've heard, that was a better choice than some of his previous work (see above re Just Friends and Van Wilder).

gravatar Fraulein N - June 26, 2008 - 11:00 AM -

Also, you forgot "Fifteen"! He was in that, too. I actually thought "Just Friends" was rather funny.

gravatar srah - June 26, 2008 - 11:04 AM -

I feel like I've seen JF but I can't remember for sure.

gravatar alfie - June 26, 2008 - 12:45 PM -

Hank Yarbo is apparently in Just Friends. The glorious combination of adorableness is irresistible. That said, I'm probably going to regret watching this movie.

gravatar Matt Sledge - June 28, 2008 - 11:58 PM -

Let's give this the old college try (not that I tried in college, but that's beside the point):

1. A bazooka. Yes, it has its drawbacks, therefor I will use a custom made six-shooter bazooka. Heavy? Yes. Effective? You betcha.
2. Ween's "Push The Lil' Daisies And Make Them Come Up". Because if the living can't stand the tune, imagine how the zombies would feel.
3. Charlton Heston, although we need to make sure that he isn't in love with one of the zombies. This is a reference to 'Omega Man', FWIW.

gravatar chaddq - June 29, 2008 - 8:39 PM -

I'm officially recommending the first 7 trades of Walking Dead.