Previous entry:
« RIP Heath Ledger

It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho

Time for something happy around here! Therefore I present to you this lovely lolpanda picture (the only useful thing about pandas).

funny pictures

And also, a meme! Thanks to inspiration from Elisabeth, I have finally gotten around to finishing my list of:

50 Things That Make Me Happy

16. Mr Rogers
  17. maraschino cherries
  18. sushi, especially if someone else is paying
  19. Vince Noir
  20. the Amaretto Biscotti Torte from Conor O'Neills
  21. pierogi
  22. hearing people properly pluralize things like "attorneys general" and "courts martial"
  23. blog comments
  24. being around people who I'm comfortable enough with to be my real, nerdy self
  25. attractive men in well-fitting pants (not tight, but not the horrible baggy nonsense that is so popular, either)
  26. clothing that comes in petite sizes
  35. steampunk/neo-Victorian fashion
  36. Rupert Grint
  37. In the Good Old Summertime
  38. Death By Chocolate
  39. meeting new people in Srahtown
  40. Christopher Brookmyre
  41. my comforter, and especially burrowing under my comforter when it's very cold
  42. clothing with cherries on it (pictures of cherries or cherry prints, that is, not the actual fruit)
  43. new car smell
  44. new baby smell
  45. accents
  46. when I know something about sports that I was not expected to know, thereby impressing my family or other listeners
  47. donkeys
  48. The 20¢ metal rings that hold our Study Abroad Contact List together and which are pretty much my favorite thing I've ever proposed that my office buy
  49. Buster Keaton
  50. dancing my own spastic, 60s-throwback way

srah - Thursday, 24 January 2008 - 9:58 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Aunt Pam - January 25, 2008 - 12:41 AM -

Cheers to all things happy! I'm so glad you shared your list of happy things. I really liked #25. This makes me happy too. I must say, I am surprised that Bubble Tea didn't make your list. It must have been an oversight. You simply forgot about the happiness Bubble Tea gives you. But it's okay. Bubble Tea doesn't mind. It understands the importance of having a #25.

gravatar Aunt Pam - January 25, 2008 - 12:41 AM -

gravatar Gretchen - January 25, 2008 - 2:50 AM -

Pandas are also useful when they sneeze--teh cute!
What is this dill pickle soup you speak of?

gravatar srah - January 25, 2008 - 6:44 AM -

The problem with bubble tea is that I can't get it down here. I don't know if it really makes me happy, either. I like it, but it doesn't necessarily have an influence on mood.

Gretchen, if you're ever in Ann Arbor, Michigan, you should go here. I guess it's a Polish thing. You could try making it on your own, but I don't have a tried and true recipe. Here's one to try, though.

gravatar tiff - January 25, 2008 - 7:48 AM -

#25 is soooo important!

#23 is true for me too, though I'm trying to break the cycle.

#3... I vote for rachelette ;-)

gravatar Cheryl - January 25, 2008 - 8:27 AM -

I really like that you put "making forts" on your list. I think the last fort I made was with you. When we were 18.

Also, did I tell you I found that tea restaurant we were looking for when you were here over the summer? I did.

gravatar srah - January 25, 2008 - 8:32 AM -

I think that was the last time I made a fort, too. But the idea of making forts makes me happy. And I highly approve when others do. It's just that making a fort by yourself is usually a bad sign. Next comes tin foil hats.

gravatar Elisabeth - January 25, 2008 - 1:58 PM -

We have a lot of bubble tea stores in my hometown. One of them is called Chewy Balls.

gravatar srah - January 25, 2008 - 2:02 PM -

Chewie Balls?!

(This would be a lot more believable as a misunderstanding if we were speaking out loud...)

gravatar Jess - January 25, 2008 - 2:23 PM -

I LOVE donkeys. I don't know what it is about them. It might be the ears.

gravatar srah - January 25, 2008 - 2:34 PM -

Dinky denky donkles are the best. I always feel like they're looking at me like, "I know I'm not a horse, but do you think that maybe you could find it in your heart to love me anyway? Just a little bit? Even though I'm not quite a horse?"

And I would say to them, "Of course, donkey! I love you in all your donklitude! I care nothing for horses, and I love you for the donkey that you are!"

And then they would say, "Aw shucks" and their ears would twitch a bit.

gravatar katelin - January 25, 2008 - 6:41 PM -

What a cute list, I love it.

Happy weekend!

gravatar Aunt Pat - January 25, 2008 - 8:36 PM -

I love the word "donklitude"!