Next entry:
Some Pig Owl »

My So-Called Online Life

Life without a computer has been a lot easier than I expected. I figured I would be breaking down in tears and nervous breakdowns by the weekend, but I've been pretty casual about it. Part of it is that I don't want to know if Isidore is dead dead, permanently dead so I've been taking my time about trying to fix him. The longer I put off knowing the situation... the longer I put off knowing the situation. So I've made attempts here and there but haven't given up hope and haven't actually touched him in several days.

I get by pretty well, usually coming in a little early and staying a little late and spending my lunch hour on the computer (which is bad for my walking, but I probably wouldn't do much walking anyway, with the weather we're having) so that I can stay caught up on email and RSS feeds and such. In the evenings, I watch TV or read or cook or walk... I do the things that I usually do with Isidore sitting by me. So far I'm just missing out on:

• downloading photos from my camera to my computer (I've just given up on Project 365! because I can't keep track of what I've taken)
  • changing the music on my mp3 player
  • TVGuide.com listings (stupid WXIX, constantly replacing American Idol with stupid University of Cincinnati basketball games)
  • IMDb for those "Where have I seen him before" moments

I hope that I will soon be able to return to these activities... and I swear, I'm going to give it another try tonight. Fingers crossed...

srah - Thursday, 1 February 2007 - 5:37 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Jen - February 1, 2007 - 6:16 PM -

Yea I'm all for the IMDB "where have I seen him/her before" check-ups...recently I noticed that the actor who plays Lucius Malfoy's father in the Harry Potter movies also played Clark Devlin in The Tuxedo with Jackie Chan...he was very cute, British-spyish in that. I love me some sexy Brits! Speaking of Harry Potter...the last book comes out in late July of THIS year...the publishers lied! It's on the 10 year anniversary of the first book's publish date.

gravatar Amy - February 1, 2007 - 11:28 PM -

You should get a mac!

gravatar srah - February 2, 2007 - 11:59 AM -

Oh yeah? Well... you should get a... plaque.

gravatar Not your mom - February 3, 2007 - 6:28 PM -

I hope you don't have a Dell laptop as I knew several people who are very unhappy with theirs or no longer able to use them. They are highly defective. I have an iMac. :-)

gravatar srah - February 4, 2007 - 3:37 PM -

It is a Dell, and it's lasted me for almost three years with very few problems... alas. Still working on it!

gravatar Not your mom - February 4, 2007 - 5:33 PM -

Did you replace the battery when they had the recall on it? Just trying to be helpful. I hope you get it working soon.

gravatar srah - February 5, 2007 - 11:55 AM -

It wasn't one of the ones that was recalled. :( When I called Dell, the guy was surprised that the computer was so old and had no service record. I'm taking it to the campus bookstore today, because apparently they have some sort of repair service and aren't as far away as Best Buy.