Godzilla, Paul Bunyan and a robot walk into a bar...

The worst commercial on TV right now is the one with Godzilla, Paul Bunyan and a giant robot terrorizing a city by doing the Pepto-Bismol song-and-dance routine. Can you imagine the chaos if Paul Bunyan had an attack of diarrhea in the middle of downtown? What is Paul Bunyan doing in a city, anyway? And why is he friends with Godzilla? And how does a robot get indigestion or heartburn¹? This commercial disturbs me almost as much as that freaky Burger King.

Pepto-Bismol Dance Machine!Unfortunately, no one seems to have put this monstrosity² up online, so I'm not able to show it off to those of you who have been lucky enough to miss it on TV. You can, however, play with the Pepto-Bismol Dance Machine and make your own dances about nausea and indigestion!

Yes, I was put on earth to find these things for you. You're welcome.

¹ That does explain what the robot was doing in the pharmacy, though.

² Monstrosity! Ha! Because they're monsters! (Well, Paul Bunyan isn't a monster per se, but he's certainly of unusual size.)

srah - Saturday, 11 November 2006 - 8:50 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar Noor - November 12, 2006 - 11:23 AM -

I want to know which marketing hack thought this was a good idea.

gravatar Fraulein N - November 15, 2006 - 2:40 PM -

I hate that damn dance. Like flames-on-the-side-of-my-face hate it.

What's worse is that I remember the words, so now I know all the stuff Pepto can treat ... so their evil plan worked ... damn them.

gravatar jamelah - November 15, 2006 - 7:43 PM -

Wow. I don't know what's worse -- the commercials (which I hate with the fire of a thousand burning suns), or the fact that some idiot made the Pepto Bismol Web Machine. Though I must say that your screenshot is hilarious, and the dude on the left is killing me. Unfortunately, Pepto Bismol's evil marketing is so effective that I happen to know what ailment they're all suffering, and I just want to say that's gross.

gravatar srah - November 15, 2006 - 8:26 PM -

I agree that the Dude on the Left is the coolest. You can make a whole row of dancing Dudes on the Left. Unfortunately they all suffer the same symptoms in unison* so you can't show off The Many Faces of Dude on the Left at the same time.

* I seriously almost wrote "in unicorn".

gravatar Concerned viewer - November 21, 2006 - 1:06 AM -

How can you say that this commercial is the worst on TV?!?! Whoever thought of this commercial is a visionary and a genius, and anyone who can't see this should be forced to have said diarrhea rain down upon them in a flury of Paul Bunyan fecal matter. Damn you and your followers.

gravatar -lenny- - December 7, 2006 - 6:03 PM -

I happen to agree with the latter. I am practically addicted to that commercial. It's not like it plays as often as those damn KFC christmas commercials. now THOSE are annoying...

gravatar deathpoo - December 9, 2006 - 1:39 PM -

I'm gonna have to agree, that commercial is one of the best on TV right now!

gravatar John Franson - December 13, 2006 - 2:45 AM -

I'm one of the many who love this commercial. It's bizarre, it's outrageous, it's unlike anything on TV. I don't know if it will sell Pepto (I suspect it will), but if laughter is the best medicine then I'm cured.

gravatar sam - December 20, 2006 - 10:46 PM -

whats the song that they used in this commericial