'Tis here

'Tis that time of year again; the time of year when we mark the return of 'Tis, the all-Pickard, all-humor Christmaspalooza.

srah - Thursday, 1 December 2005 - 12:04 PM

gravatar Cari - December 2, 2005 - 12:30 AM -

That also means only 26 days until Christmas (and Christmas music) is over for another year. I am so the Grinch, but I just don't like Christmas.

gravatar srah - December 2, 2005 - 9:26 AM -

You're allowed!

gravatar Aunt Pam - December 2, 2005 - 4:29 PM -

I wish we would save Christmas UNTIL Christmas . . . Yes, I'm shopping and preparing, but can you imagine how special Christmas would be if we actually WAITED for its arrival instead of wearing it out???

gravatar Tony - December 3, 2005 - 12:43 AM -

I think it's much easier to "like" Christmas when you consider the benefits it brings to everyone, regardless of whether they are involved in the holiday for religious reasons or not. That company that makes the extra profit for the holiday season is more likely to upgrade their databases and servers which makes employees of such companies (e.g. Oracle) more likely to reap the benefits of raises and corporate benevolence and such. Not to mention all the great deals on consumer products to be had during post-holiday sales.

I actually enjoy the anticipation of the actual holiday more than the holiday itself, because it's over so fast. My favorite time is the ride home from the airport with my dad on Day 1 of my vacation. We usually have the sports radio station going and are talking about all that is going on around Philly at the time. Not that it's all downhill from there...but the time does go fast. The anticipation of my mom's pierogies and all the usual foods gets me going too. I can get them anytime, but there's something different about it this time of year. It's all about keeping an even keel and not overdoing it, I guess.

gravatar srah - December 3, 2005 - 11:34 AM -