Just say ¡No!

There is only one thing that I hate more than shopping this weekend, and that thing is GAUCHO PANTS.

srah - Sunday, 18 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

gravatar Mr B------ - December 18, 2005 - 4:25 PM -

Hate them all you want, but what are you going to do the next time it floods and the bottoms of the legs of your pants get all soggy?

gravatar Cari - December 18, 2005 - 4:41 PM -

Wear shorts?

gravatar Tony - December 18, 2005 - 8:17 PM -

When I first read this post I thought it said groucho pants. I thought to myself, what are groucho pants? Are they pants that women wear when they are feeling grouchy? Perhaps they are pants that come with great one-liners..."If I held you any closer, I'd be on the other side of you."

Don't worry, Internet to the rescue and I now know what gaucho pants are. I think I've seen pictures of my aunt wearing those back in the '70s. Some trends should just stay dead.

gravatar jamelah - December 19, 2005 - 11:36 AM -

If my password issues ever get resolved, allowing me to update my website ever again, I so totally have a rant about gaucho pants.

gravatar ~rt~ - December 19, 2005 - 3:17 PM -

i'll have you know that *some* of us are NOT AT ALL upset about the resurgence of gaucho pants... i wasn't allowed to have them when they came around the first time, so the fact that i have now been able to buy myself 2 flattering pairs is the realization of a childhood dream... thanx for dumping all over that one... X(

beyond that, they are a wonderful way to show off a favorite pair of knee-high or calf-high boots... provided the boots are the right ones for the pants...

perhaps you wouldn't hate them so if your legs were so long that it was difficult for you to find pants that fit in the first place?

i'm just sayin'

gravatar srah - December 19, 2005 - 4:40 PM -

My legs are so short that it's difficult to find pants that fit in the first place.

gravatar Fraulein N - December 20, 2005 - 9:09 AM -

Yes! Someone else hates gauchos! I can almost understand the nostalgia issue someone might have, but people! They are UGLY! U-G-L-Y, they-ain't-got-no-alibi ugly! No!

gravatar Tony - December 21, 2005 - 3:10 AM -

Gaucho pants sighting today! Twice. In the DTW main terminal. Interestingly, both women were dressed to the hilt like they were going to some fancy-shmancy event. Since it was in the main terminal, they COULD have been going to some international destination, who knows.

gravatar Zahr - December 21, 2005 - 2:11 PM -

I won't even wear capri pants, so gaucho pants scare the living daylights out of me!

gravatar Zahra Langford - December 21, 2005 - 2:11 PM -

gravatar Erica M - December 22, 2005 - 11:34 AM -

Gaucho pants are evil. They are a scourge on fashion!