Next entry:
Dream »

If I'm successful, I may be completely liquid by the end of the day!

For someone with such a wealth of free time, I sure don't use it well. I don' t think I've applied for half as many jobs as Mr B******, who is much busier than I am, and it's not as though I'm bogged down writing my first novel (that's November, hopefully). Instead I just sleep and sit around and read blogs all day.

Today I'm trying to be productive. I'm also trying to address another issue that I have: drinking more water. I don't think I drink nearly enough water during the day - it's not something that comes to mind. I think I would be more alert with an ultra-glamorous complexion (cue Jan Brady-style awkward hair flip) if I drank at least the daily recommended volume of water, so it seems like a good idea to do so in preparation for my upcoming interviews.

I've made a rule for myself today. I've made a list of things I need to do and every time I finish one, I have to drink a glass of water.

Clean kitchen.

DRINK!

Clear off dining room table.

DRINK!

Fold laundry.

DRINK!

This is like the lamest frat party ever.

srah - Wednesday, 14 September 2005 - 11:58 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar Cari - September 14, 2005 - 2:40 PM -

Make sure you do this drinking of massive amounts of water well before the actual interviews. You don't want to have to interrupt them to go to the bathroom every five minutes! Or spend the entire interview wanting to go to the bathroom and squirming.

gravatar jday - September 14, 2005 - 3:54 PM -

Ooh, I had that happen when I interviewed for this job. The entire time the head honcho was interviewing me, I was squirming and concentrating on my bladder instead of the questions he asked. I'm darn lucky they hired me, I guess- either they thought I didn't have as much difficulty concentrating as it appeared, or I was *really* excited and eager to get to work...

gravatar Allison - September 14, 2005 - 11:53 PM -

Your schedule sounds like an O.C. episode. ;) Good luck. I sort of made the same resolution recently, too, but I really haven't noticed too much of a change in my complexion. Alertness - pretty good. (Needing to pee a lot certainly keeps you awake.)

gravatar srah - September 15, 2005 - 2:32 AM -

The O.C. sounds bad.

I think the water will be good for keeping me on task, too, because there will be shorter periods of time where I can sit under my laptop wasting time. Eventually I will have to get up and go to the bathroom and in doing so, I will realize that I am wasting my time.

That's the theory, anyway.

gravatar NaThRo - September 15, 2005 - 3:28 AM -

I work in an office that's air-conditioned and don't "feel" like drinking much even though air-con tends to dry you out. I decided to drink more while at work a few months back.
I have a bottle that I fill up 3 times a day, it's 750ml so I figure 2,250ml over 8 hours would be good.

I've noticed the difference :)
(Feeling healthier, lost weight and the other side effect, hehe)

gravatar wael sedky - September 15, 2005 - 5:18 AM -

i agree that water is useful, not only with drinking ,but also when we are Angry,or tired or whil having
a big problem , shower is also wonderful thing. ..try it ones . from an egyptian Musican

gravatar katie - September 15, 2005 - 9:32 AM -

I can't watch the OC because it has that guy in it from Sex, Lies and Videotape. He's creepy.

I never used to drink a lot of water until I bought a Brita pitcher. Somehow it's a lot easier to frequent the fridge than the faucet. Plus, the water is tastier! And cold!

gravatar Maine - September 15, 2005 - 10:35 AM -

I'm a strong believer in drinking water to promote health. It's good for preventing headaches too.