Dream

The last thing I remember of my dream last night before I woke up was that I was mailing some of my teeth along with the check to my credit card company. They had their own little envelope inside the main envelope, so the company must have been used to receiving them.

srah - Wednesday, 7 September 2005 - 7:05 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar Not Your MOM - September 7, 2005 - 7:55 AM -

Getting money from you is like pulling teeth? Are you worried about money by any chance? Time to get a job! I heard PIzza Hut is hiring. ;-)

gravatar Daria - September 7, 2005 - 8:03 AM -

Weird. My teeth made an appearance in my dreams last night, too.

gravatar srah - September 7, 2005 - 8:38 AM -

There are a lot of interpretations for dreams about teeth, but none of them seem to fit my circumstances. I didn't actually dream about losing the teeth and there was no trauma involved. I choose this interpretation:

"if they fell out or you spit them out, it is a sign of a season of financial reverses"
- swoon.com

Hmmm... I guess I'd better start investing my MegaMillions winnings...

gravatar lee - September 7, 2005 - 8:42 AM -

I've heard that teeth mean something about money in dreams, too. Adding that interpretation to the fact that you were sending them to your credit card company must mean SOMETHING.

gravatar srah - September 7, 2005 - 8:49 AM -

Teeth One must, of course, correlate the action and other details of the dream, but as a general guide: false teeth signify unexpected help out of a difficult situation; broken or unusually worn-down teeth are a sign of the deterioration of an important relationship; aching teeth portend family quarrels; a dream of having teeth filled promises good news; having teeth pulled forecasts favorable business or investment opportunities; loose teeth are a warning of untrustworthy friends; if they fell out or you spit them out, it is a sign of a season of financial reverses; decayed teeth mean health problems--see your doctor; even and/or very white and beautiful teeth forecast happiness and prosperity; very long teeth predict legal action; one tooth longer than the others portends sad news; buckteeth augur unexpected travel; bridgework is a suggestion that you should be more meticulous in meeting your obligations; a dream featuring the roots of your teeth is a warning against lending money or gambling; to dream of having a nerve removed predicts a season of good luck; brushing your teeth indicates the clearance of obstacles which have been holding you back, unless one or more bristles get stuck between your teeth, in which case you will still overcome the obstacles but only after continued patient effort; picking your teeth is a warning of false friends in your close circle.

Bills A dream of contrary. If you were worried about or received bills in your dream, you can expect a happy run of good luck in financial matters; but if you paid, collected, or sent bills out, you'd better get in contact with generous friends or relations because you'll be needing assistance.

Envelope An obstacle dream. Closed envelopes represent frustrations which can be overcome if you help yourself by cultivating a harmonious mental attitude. Open envelopes signify trivial troubles which you can overcome by an application of patient good humor.

I had a closed envelope inside an open one. So it would seem that I am about to have financial changes for the WORSE, but that I need to be upbeat about it and keep a sense of humor.

Sigh.

gravatar srah - September 7, 2005 - 8:57 AM -

Aha! All is revealed! I had deposited money into my savings rather than checking account and was overdrawn. I hate it when the bank CHARGES me for overdrafts upon overdrafts rather than just taking the money out of my savings account.

Oh well, have to be upbeat! ;)

gravatar Not Your MOM - September 7, 2005 - 9:35 AM -

Did you see the roots of the teeth in your dream? That means a warning about lending money or GAMBLING! This could mean that idea of winning the lottery is a waste of your money.

gravatar srah - September 7, 2005 - 9:57 AM -

Nope, no roots. Ha HA!

gravatar Joseph j7uy5 - September 8, 2005 - 5:27 PM -

The Department of Homeland Security forbids the mailing of body parts. It's a biohazard.

I didn't realize you went to Albion. I actually was on campus there just before Ms. Bush spoke. I thought about hanging around, but figured, why bother?