Aha, that explains it

Please to visit So Joyful, where Katie has tackled the question, Why the heck do women need so many shoes?

Katie did not want to post pictures of her shoe collection online, but that hasn't stopped someone we know from posting hers! Click on the picture to see the annotated version on Flickr.

srah - Wednesday, 22 June 2005 - 6:37 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar alfie - June 22, 2005 - 6:56 PM -

You have way too many flip-flops. I shall be stealing the pink and white ones. :P

gravatar Cheryl - June 23, 2005 - 8:15 AM -

Is that all?!!??? We need to go shoe shopping (once we get jobs).

Have I told you how, when I buy a house, one room is going to be a giant shoe closet?

gravatar alfie - June 23, 2005 - 9:03 AM -

Will it also be the biggest room in the house?

Have you seen "The Italian Job?"

gravatar srah - June 23, 2005 - 10:26 AM -

I was disappointed too. Yes, when we get jobs!

gravatar Aunt Pam - June 23, 2005 - 11:31 AM -

Oh the joys though of being barefoot!

gravatar Sylvie - June 23, 2005 - 10:16 PM -

All girls should blog about their shoes!!! Once upon a time in IL, I had 40+ pairs. Had to throw a bunch of them out because of shipping costs to CA.

I am going to KMart tomorrow for cheap flip flops hehe

gravatar katie - June 23, 2005 - 10:50 PM -

Not bad...for a start.

I WILL post them! But my dad's camera sucks, and all the pictures came out orange. I don't want you to think I have fifty bazillion pairs of orange shoes!

Someday, when I have a real digital camera of my very own, I promise I will post my shoes. You can remind me to keep that promise by badgering me.

gravatar katie - June 23, 2005 - 10:57 PM -

Oooh!!!! I just had a cool idea! What if we made an online quiz where girls who blogged posted a picture of all their shoes, like yours, and then we had to guess which blog(ger) went with which shoes? Wouldn't that be fun?

(Before I am accused of sexism, I didn't include guys because, as Jez mentioned, guys only have four pairs of shoes and that's no fun at all.)

gravatar Sylvie - June 24, 2005 - 10:49 PM -

That's a good idea. also, how about a ismyshoehotornot site?

BTW I went crazy and did this:

gravatar katie - June 25, 2005 - 8:54 AM -

Eh...she only has 23 pairs, and one of them is borrowed. Srah's already got that beat, and I've *definately* got that beat.

Interesting, though, that she oriented her shoes the same way I did for my photos.

gravatar Sylvie - June 25, 2005 - 10:26 AM -

Hmm wonder if the "she" in the above message is me?

gravatar Sylvie - June 25, 2005 - 10:29 AM -

ahh it is me and the borrowed shoes are "permanently" borrowed. And darn you, now I am going shopping today to beat Srah!!! :-P

gravatar srah - June 25, 2005 - 12:10 PM -

Ooh, Sylvie - I am very fond of the brown career, brown heels, red heels and sell1. And sell2. I like a lot! :)

gravatar katie - June 25, 2005 - 3:45 PM -

This is what happens when I read comments on low sleep and a sun-fried brain. Prease to forgive.

gravatar Tony - June 26, 2005 - 1:40 PM -

I find it interesting that you love Converse (R), which is traditionally an athletic-type shoe, yet when you get to your 'athletic' shoes you laugh b/c you say you never do anything athletic. On top of that, your 'athletic' shoes don't even seem to be Converse (R). Anyone else notice this anomaly or just me? WOMEN!

gravatar srah - June 26, 2005 - 1:47 PM -

I could talk my head off about the different perceptions of Converse® as an athletic or casual shoe, but for my own purposes, I wear them as everyday fashion sneakers rather than for athletic purposes. My "athletic" shoes, which I believe are Nike®s, were bought before my obsession with Converse® began.

gravatar Tony - June 26, 2005 - 5:03 PM -

Ha, ha - 'fashion sneaker'. That made me chuckle.

Now it seems you have a choice. Talking your head off or eating your head off. Either way seems less morbid than just using the guillotine :-P

gravatar apete - August 14, 2005 - 3:09 PM -