*hobbles*

I was standing in line at Subway yesterday and when I turned to leave, there was an excruciating pain in my left big toe. All I can think is that I've sprained it or pulled a muscle or that I have some kind of Toe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from using my toes to push in the clutch while driving. It only hurts when I flex it or when I shift my weight while turning. You might not notice until something like this happens, but you use your toes a lot when you turn!

I IMed Alfie and she said she'd have to examine it to be able to guess anything. I harassed my friend's boyfriend, who is a DOC-TOR!!!!!* but he said I'd have to show him and it hardly seemed appropriate at a social gathering.

The one person I didn't think to ask was my doctor when I went for a physical yesterday. Because... I was sitting down. So I didn't think about my toe.

This is dumb!

–––––
* I am thinking this word in the voice of Doctor Orpheus from Venture Bros. for some reason.

srah - Wednesday, 16 February 2005 - 9:59 AM
Tags: ,

gravatar fake doctor - February 16, 2005 - 2:38 PM -

If it isn't broken then it could be gout. Is it swollen at all?

gravatar srah - February 16, 2005 - 2:57 PM -

Looks pretty normal to me...

gravatar Pauly D - February 16, 2005 - 3:05 PM -

Here's the way to fix that problem with your toe:

1. Clasp both of your hands together.
2. Stretch them up into the sky for 30 minutes, really stretching to the point of being sore.
3. Unclasp your hands but at the same time, slam your opposite foot (the one without the toe pain) into the floor.
4. Quickly eat half an apple.
5. Hold your breath for 35 seconds with the last bite of the apple travelling down your throat.

Viola! You should be cured.

gravatar fake doctor - February 16, 2005 - 7:06 PM -

Another suggestion would be to change shoes and wear something new with good support.... and hope for the best.

gravatar alfie - February 17, 2005 - 12:35 AM -

If it still hurts at Spring Break and you still haven't had anyone check it out, I'll do it, but I still think you should get it checked out. I may not be home until March 4th....

gravatar alfie - February 17, 2005 - 12:39 AM -

That was the second time already in the past month where you IMed me looking for medical advice. The first time being when Pato put that screw through his finger.