Previous entry:
« Nutrition galore!

'Four-thirty: time for milking...'

It's Friday night. My parents are out having a life and I am having a Friday Night In For One - chicken fried rice and a video.

I scanned our DVD shelves. Sabrina? No, Harrison Ford's too stuffy in that. But Harrison Ford's a good idea... So I set off to pick my favorite Harrison Ford vehicle - the one where he's at his peak in terms of looks and romantic heroishness.

I set off scanning the VHS collection for the video in question. Willow... Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... Working Girl... WORKING GIRL? There is a conspicuous gap in our alphabetical order between Wil- and Wor-. One of our videos is missing. If it is where I suspect it is, heads will roll. Instead, I have settled for Romancing the Stone, which has no Harrison Ford at all. This is how my mind works.

What's your favorite Harrison Ford film? In the blahblahs, if you please.

srah - Friday, 28 January 2005 - 8:57 PM
Tags: , ,

gravatar srah - January 28, 2005 - 9:35 PM -

Oh yeah, it's with the oversized videos. You may keep your head, youngin. FOR NOW!

gravatar Dave Diamond - January 28, 2005 - 10:51 PM -

Hello, Michele sent me. My favorite HF movie is whichever of the Tom Clancy movies he was in. Patriot Games, no? Was there another one? I think he's the *real* Jack Ryan!!

gravatar alfie - January 28, 2005 - 11:33 PM -

He was in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger.

gravatar alfie - January 28, 2005 - 11:34 PM -

Where did you think it was? HERE????? I can't bring that here, our family would never get it back, because he's hot in it and my roommate is in love with him.

gravatar mommy - January 30, 2005 - 10:43 AM -

We should look for it in DVD. I love him in all his movies, but especially Witness, as well as The Fugitive and Air Force One.

gravatar MOM - January 30, 2005 - 1:50 PM -

I like him best as Han Solo.

gravatar CheekyMoo - January 30, 2005 - 2:19 PM -

I liked Air Force One. He's easy on the eyes so I could watch him in anything. I didn't care for What Lies Beneath.

gravatar patricia - January 30, 2005 - 5:59 PM -

i'm an indiana jones girl myself. han solo is a very close second. but indiana jones 3 has the great beauty of having both ford and connery together. so what if the movie was sillier than silly. it's still those two together!! the only thing that would make it better would be a generous helping of colin firth. :D

gravatar srah - January 30, 2005 - 6:04 PM -

I'm assuming this is Mom B------, rather than my mom!

gravatar MOM aka Andy's MOM - January 30, 2005 - 9:01 PM -

Yes, it's me. I linked onto your site from you know where. I forgot that I liked HF in Indiana Jones too. I was first aware of him as Han as my kid watched Star Wars over and over and over......

Also I found it strange and unsettling to see him as a bad guy in What Lies Beneath.

gravatar srah - January 30, 2005 - 9:04 PM -

:D I was just surprised because I'd been out with my mom all day! But I pieced together the clues from your Mike-mentioning post. ;)