Holiday Download Extravaganza: W is for World Party!

Another song that reminds me of a movie... This one comes from The Matchmaker, a little-known romantic comedy with Janeane Garofalo and David O'Hara. It is used in the scene where two of the movie's characters have broken their legs, then they get into a car accident that results in a third character breaking hers. Not that the song has anything to do with broken legs or anything. Sigh. What a great introduction. Anyway, here's the song.

World Party - She's the One

srah - Saturday, 4 December 2004 - 1:33 AM

gravatar Buzz - December 4, 2004 - 7:02 AM -

I think that introduction was just fine! And 'The Matchmaker' is one of my favorite movies! I actually own it. Well, I own the DVD not the actual movie. I mean, I don't own the rights to the movie, or anything. I just, you know, own the DVD. Actually, Pat and I own the DVD, not just me. Or do we each own half of the DVD? Hmmm. One thing for sure, we definitely do NOT own the movie.

Just wanted to make that clear. *grin*

gravatar srah - December 4, 2004 - 10:52 AM -

Yay!

gravatar Brandie - December 4, 2004 - 1:12 PM -

I've heard of the movie but never seen it- maybe I should check it out...?

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think yours is lovely. :)

gravatar srah - December 4, 2004 - 2:03 PM -

If you like romantic comedies, then definitely!

gravatar Michael Conlen - December 4, 2004 - 3:56 PM -

World Party and XTC... ...people do have good taste.

Matchmaker was an odd movie for me. I generally like Garofalo, but for some reason that movie didn't click with me the way The Truth About Cats and Dogs did. On the other hand boy do I want to get to Ireland... ...right after Spain.

gravatar MaTT - December 4, 2004 - 5:44 PM -

Wow, i almost thought that was Michael Cohen replying above. :) Sorry Other Michael, there's nothing bad about Cohen (he's pretty cool really), but he's just our professor at our grad school...

gravatar Desmond - December 4, 2004 - 9:55 PM -

Hey, thanks for dropping by and commented. Makes me happy. I stayed quite a while at your site listening to those nice songs you put up. Like your site a lot. Will come by again.

gravatar Justin - December 5, 2004 - 2:12 PM -