In a very important marketing meeting

srah: When I was younger and I walked into a shoe store, I wasn't brand-loyal. I mean, I pretty much based my tennis shoe purchase on style and price. Performance was not an issue.
Robin: Yeah, you were just going to stand there and wait to get hit by a dodgeball!

It's hard to be cool when you hang around with people who have known you since you were five...

srah - Monday, 29 November 2004 - 3:48 PM
Tags: ,

gravatar alfie - November 29, 2004 - 6:31 PM -

I want to play dodgeball with you. I have better aim than you. And I can catch. Mwahahahaha! I've known you since you were four!

gravatar Pink Poppy - November 29, 2004 - 11:02 PM -

For what it's worth, I think it is ABSOLUTELY possible to be a total dork as a youngster and incredibly cool as an adult. I also am certain (judging by the wit of your writing) that you are NOT a dork now. And we all have our past burdens to bear. I TWICE broke my finger in Phys. Ed. (two different ones)--once playing volleyball and once playing dodgeball. Talk about embarrassingly dork-esque...

gravatar srah - November 29, 2004 - 11:16 PM -

Sorry, you're mistaken. I am a total dork.

But, I do have to defend myself. I didn't just stand there waiting to get hit by dodgeballs - I stood as far away from the line as possible with my hands protecting my glasses, praying not to get hit.

gravatar alfie - November 29, 2004 - 11:24 PM -

Where can one buy dodgeballs? I'm coming home on the 15th! Watch out!

gravatar transience - November 30, 2004 - 12:33 AM -

hey there! thanks for dropping by my site. just wanted you to know that i made a few changes based on your very helpful comment (ha! you have made a difference in this world!)

anyway, great writing. you're a kindred spirit. keep the pages coming! =)

gravatar aaron - November 30, 2004 - 12:07 PM -

I'm not sure the longevity of the relationship is always the issue...I don't still talk to anyone I knew before the age of 16, and yet they can all tell that I too used to get hit with a LOT of dodgeballs. :)

gravatar Jez - November 30, 2004 - 2:55 PM -

*throws dodgeball*

gravatar MaTT - November 30, 2004 - 4:09 PM -

I was an awesome dodgeball player in my elementary school days... what does that suggest about my dorkiness now?

gravatar srah - November 30, 2004 - 4:29 PM -

Biggest dork of all! Also, probably a liar!

gravatar MaTT - November 30, 2004 - 8:58 PM -

No, i was! I have fond memories of being the last one in the ring, getting 1, 2, or 3 balls thrown at me. Eventually they'd all team up on me and throw all the balls at once, and that usually got me out... :(

gravatar Rachel - December 4, 2004 - 12:50 PM -

You were prolly hard to hit with a dodgeball due to your 2-D physical nature. ;) You'd be a lot worse at it now that your wrists are so fat.

gravatar MaTT - December 7, 2004 - 4:12 PM -