Tuesday is Chooseday

... even if this is Friday.

Would you rather:

1. your best friend overhear you telling somebody else a deep secret about them OR your child overhear you venting your frustrations about your significant other?
    Best friends are resilient and will talk to you and yell at you; children will only be silent and hurt and scared.

2. learn an obscure language only spoken by 15 other people on the planet OR be able to guess somebody's exact birthdate, just by looking at them?
    Um, language?!

3. have eyebrows that grow in VERY bushy, daily, no matter how you try to prune them OR make a sound like a tuba whenever you blow your nose?
    I don't blow my nose as often as people have to look at my face.

4. have a job that makes $200,000 a year, but you only get to see your family once a week for 3 hours OR make just enough to survive from check-to-check, but be able to see your family whenever you want?
    Maybe I am being self-centered in imagining that it would make my family happy to see me, but happiness is more important than money. As long as we are surviving check-to-check... maybe things will get better later and we won't have missed out on the family time.

srah - Friday, 28 May 2004 - 8:58 AM

gravatar Jez - May 28, 2004 - 9:41 AM -

Number 3! Tuba for me too.

*HOOOOONNNNK*

gravatar MaTT - May 28, 2004 - 10:49 AM -

1) agree with srah (altho i don't have a child yet, so does that one still count?)
2) i'd pick the guessing somebody's birthdate, so that way i wouldn't forget my friends' birthdays either :)
3) tuba-sounding nose blowing seems pretty cool actually, so i'd definitely pick that. i already think my eyebrows are big enough...
4) i almost didn't get the correct family reference at first (b/c at this time of my life i don't [or can't] see my family even 1 hour a week :( ) but if we're talking about when i'm married and have my own family, then it's definitely the 2nd option. what good is money if it keeps you away from the people you love?

gravatar Urs - May 28, 2004 - 12:16 PM -

1. Well, my parents argued a lot about things and I bitch about mom when I'm with my dad and mom and I bitch about dad. I want to be honest with my kids and I hate fights with friends. Learning that my spouse annoys me sometimes will build character
2. I'd want the language
3. TUBA! Man, that is so cool, reminds me of how loudly my grandmother sneezes
4. I might take the job for a year or so and get some money, but I wouldn't keep that job (the one that pays $200,000 a year) for very long.

gravatar srah - May 28, 2004 - 4:38 PM -

I interpreted #1 as venting all of your frustrations and that the child was overhearing, rather than just muttering "What did your father do this time?" with the child as the intended audience.

gravatar your long lost college roommate - May 29, 2004 - 11:31 AM -

hey, i hope you are still alive. i haven't heard from you in ages. good thing for your weblog...keeps me updated on your life. you should come to my show tomorrow. which would be sunday. i sent you an email. bootie funk, the other long lost college roommate will be there. email me at my college address if you have lost my email. bye bye.

gravatar Cheryl - June 1, 2004 - 4:55 PM -

I think three hours a week is quite aq bit, considering I see my family only every six weeks as it is AND I AM living the second financial scenario and it's not so fun or easy. Sarah, just surviving can be translated to "no Dominick's". :)